“HOTEL TROPICINA BE SUR I BE BACK” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel Tamarindo Diria Beach Resort
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Tamarindo Beach, Tamarindo 506, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #14 of 22 Hotels in Tamarindo
Quebec City, Canada
“HOTEL TROPICINA BE SUR I BE BACK”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

I just returned from two days at the Hotel Tropicana. the hotel was sold and new owners are simply brilliant ... they all washed thoroughly change them bedspread, they redid the garden feels they have the taste to work. Andrew at the reception was incredibly kind, he quickly responded to our requests. it shows that he loves what he does they do it with sensitivity and passion. plus they speak three languages ​​French. English, Spanish and ...
lunch was parfais the portions are generous and made ​​us the leader of the eggs to our liking. simply delicious coffee ...
for the price they had a promotion during my time at $ 59 per night double occupancy with breakfast included perfect for families and surfers. I did not complain for the price this hotel is super, I'm very surprised to customer service and quality of services we imagine that for $ 59 we think we have no right to anything, its not the opposite be like a 4 star hotel but without paying top dollar. Congratulations to new owners and I souaithe your a beautiful continuity. for sure you'll see me again very soon ..

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (372)
California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

Apparently one can only write a review every three months for each place visited. I visited three months ago to Diria and booked a tour (and paid in advance as required) through their tour desk in the lobby. DO NOT USE THEM! They took my money and the tour guide never showed up. They told me they would refund my money in 6-8 weeks - still hasn't been done despite my nagging and nagging. I will write every three months to TripAdvisor about this. ARGH!!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

Truly an amazing place with wonderful staff. My husband and I stayed at Diria for 7 nights and had no complaints - that is pretty amazing in it self. The hotel is right on the beach and you have a private entrance directly to it. The continental breakfast was delicious - very hardy, not just bagels and cereal. They have a wonderful concierge there with the name of Rolando - he was helpful to me even before we arrived in Costa Rica. He helped me book my shuttle from the airport and sent me a packet of details for different tours and trips we could take once we arrived. When we got to CR, he was extremely friendly and helped suggest different bars/restaurants we could go to on a daily basis - he even provided what nights had bands/specials/events etc.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Swindon, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2012

This hotel must be the best in Tamirindo, the hotel itself is lovely, the rooms well decorated with air con, hair dryers, all you would expect from a 4 star in the Uk. The pools and ground are well kept and the food was lovely. The staff were not great, I would describe them as disorganised, check in was a bit of a shambles, one person telling us one thing whilst another person telling us something totally different. The restaurant staff were no better, although this did improve on our 2nd visit. The food was fantastic, we had our best meals here without doubt. if I was going again I would stay here. It's location is perfect and it is of a really good standard, I just hope the Staff improve!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
hozkhar
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

I spent 4 days with my wife and girls at Tamarindo Diria and it was the best election I have ever made.
The hotel is beautiful, not luxurious, but it has everything you need for great vacations: Nice rooms, some of them with the view to the most beautiful sunsets. Also it is right in front of the beach, so you just walk out of the room and in less than 20 seconds can be in a nice white sand beach.

The place also has 3 pools, 2 in the side of the beach, including one specially for under 4 years old kids ( where we spent almost all of our day) and in the othe building accross the street a large pool with a wet bar included.

The service is amazing and with great standars. I requested for a second crib at 9:30 pm and they tried so hard to help me and did it succesfully even the hotel was full of babies.

The food is great, beginning with the breakfast which offer a variety of Costa Rican tipical foods and traditional north american plates like pancakes for example. Also the option for fresh fruits are large.

For surf lovers is a great spot taking into account the beach in front of the hotel is well know for this sport. Out side of the hotel there are so many surfers offering lessons. Did not try with them .
The room we stayed had no view to the sea but it was clean, large and with the services we needed: tv, air condition, nice bed.

While I was there 2 weddings had place. They were small but really looked nice.

The only thing I would change from the hotel is they allow guest, specially foreigners to smoke in their facilities and the new tobacco law in Costa Rica. I reported to the manager a person who was smoking close to children pool and the manager came to this person and let him now about it. But I think they must have advertising about this new law and the right the persons who do not smoke have for enjoying such a nice place.

I will be back for sure.

Room Tip: rooms with sea view are amazing, pay a little bit more but it worths.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Huntington beach
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012

We stayed here for almost two weeks and had a great time, breakfast was included everyday so that was a great start. The beaches are nice and safe. You can enjoy yourself at either of the two pools. Shop on the beach or at the shops along the town. Book your excursions at the hotel or near by or just do them yourself. We had a car so we drove to other beaches in the area, Areanal and checked out the waterfalls, spa, and volcano. Went to Monteverde cool little town. Everyone at the hotel was very nice and helpful. Would Definatly stay here again. You can't find a better spot.

Room Tip: We had the ocean view, has a nice sitting area in the front. We had the king size bed which I think...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
wales
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012

This was the 2nd of 3 hotels we stayed in & I have to say my least favorite.Tamarindo is a town/village and the hotel is situated both sides of the main road.We were ocean side so had a sea view where the main complex is situated. This side has a much smaller pool shaded by palm trees next to the main building.In my pics you will see a large lagoon type pool with a spash bar, this is found over the road with other rooms.If your looking to stay in Tamarindo this is by far the best hotel.On arrival you enter a large open reception area in marble, you can see straight into the lounge/bar & pool outside with the sea behind.The hotel is a typical large chain hotel. Rooms are small but have everything you need & very clean. Once inside your room you could be in any hotel in the world thats part of a large corporation. Having just tried pina colad made with fresh pineapple I was eager to try one here. Again standards of a large chain, bottled juice not fresh! The food here again typical of what you would find in a large chain hotel, bar food. I like to experience the country & didnt get the vibe here.
If you step outside the hotel & turn right you will fall into the town where there are several places to eat & quite a few shops. It is by no means large but the most built up area around.The road is muddy with large pot holes typical of the region so beware.
If I went again to Tamarindo I would stay here as its the best hotel in the town. However I will not be going back to Tamarindo, would rather go further down the coast. We only stayed here a few days & spent the time in the sea or by the pool. There isnt much to do here.
Staff were ok but not as helpful as in our previous hotel. We are not the loudest & sometimes you needed to be to get served in the bar or be prepared to wait a while.
The iguanas in my photos are all around the complex, when i opend my window in the afternoon the rooftop from the ground floor had well over 20 basking in the sun. It adjoint our floor on the balcony & if you offered one food they all came running!!!

Room Tip: Sea view rooms are nearer the main building with a smaller pool area
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Tamarindo Diria Beach Resort? Share your experiences!