Several friends and I stayed at the Diria in late August and had a great time. We stayed in a room across the small street and had no problem. The walk is only about 2 minutes from our room to the sand. We enjoyed the pool across the street as well. It was mostly empty throughout our whole stay.
The location of the hotel is excellent. You are in the middle of several shops and restaurants. I recommend Witch's Rock (limbo!) and Hotel Pasatiempo (open mike night) for nights out! We had a great time at both places and both places are about a 5-10 minute walk from the hotel.
The breakfast (included in the price of your stay) is really great. It is a buffet style and had something for everyone.
Bring an umbrella! In August, it rained just about every day and mostly around 4 pm. Sometimes it lasted an hour and sometimes it lasted 4 hours.
I recommend renting scooters from Tamarindo Adventures. We rented 6 scooters for about 6 hours and paid around $30 each. We spent all day driving and visiting different beaches and shops. It was amazing!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Tamarindo Diria Beach Resort Costa Rica is the iconic beach resort located in Tamarindo Beach, Guanacaste, Costa Rica, with its own personality perfect for an authentic Costa Rica vacation. Features direct access to the most famous costa rican white sand beach, front ocean view accommodations, 4 swimming pools, 6 restaurants, 5 bars, and much more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Otel, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Hotel Tamarindo Diria Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Tamarindo Diria Beach And Golf Resort
- Hotel Tamarindo Diria Beach & Golf Tamarindo
- Tamarindo Diria Hotel