“Pura Vida- Great people and awesome vacation!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 96 Activities in Tamarindo
More attraction details
Owner description: Don Grant, founder of GET LOST IN COSTA RICA, has the talent, knowledge and professionalism to plan every aspect of your next visit to Costa Rica to ensure your vacation is a memorable one. Born and raised in this tropical paradise, Don knows where to find all the hot spots and hidden gems Pura Vida! Find us also on Facebook on Get Lost In Costa Rica Tour Company. Weddings , Anniversary,family's groups,incentive groups
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Pura Vida- Great people and awesome vacation!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

Look no further than Get Lost in Costa Rica for personal service and assistance in planning your vacation. Don is an experienced and knowledgeable guide. We appreciated his personal service and enjoyed touring at our own pace rather than having to keep up with a large guided tour. We had several tours with Don, but my highlight was surfing lessons! Don is a awesome surfing instructor! I had never surfed before. After some instruction on the beach, we got into the water and within 10 minutes rode my first wave! We are looking forward to travelling to Costa Rica again. Since my wife no longer fears the zipline, next time the zipline tour is a must! Pura Vida!

Visited November 2012

Austin, Texas
“Pura Vida - Awesome time!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

Absolutely great time on this zip-lining / white water rafting trip + waterfall visit. Don is an excellent host and had great conversations during ride and on trip. Very easy going and great person to be around and show sights, sounds and adventure in Costa Rica. Would recommend Get Lost in Costa Rica to anyone visiting looking for fun times.

Tom

Cutler Bay, Florida
“Ziplining with Don”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

If you're visiting Costa Rica Don Grant was the BEST zip lining tour to take! Not only was he professional and polite, he guaranteed a good time and did not disappoint. The zip lining tour was the most beautiful and exciting thing ever. My husband Gabriel and I had never gone zip lining and Don made the experience a memorable one. Thank you for such a great time Don, Pura Vida!!

“Unforgettable vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

Don was so great! It was wonderful having our own personal tour guide and being able to go at our own pace rather than with a large group. Don was great at spotting all kinds of animals on the Arenal/rainforest tour and helping us to get the best views for pictures. We were able to see great views of the volcano and had a fabulous hike through the rainforest as well as enjoy the hot springs. I highly recommend this tour and using Don as your guide!

Los Angeles, California
“Best vacation ever! Pura Vida”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

First of all I want to thank Don for everything he did for us! I found Get Lost in Costa Rica here on TripAdvisor and based on all the great reviews I had to reach out to him. He was very responsive on email, arranged for pickup to and from the airport and booked several tours for us. So worth it! We met Don later on that evening at the Hotel Diria in Tamarindo and he prepped us for the fun day we had the morning! He spoke fluent English and made us feel very comfortable.

I booked the Buena Vista combo tour and it was so much fun to do on our first day in Costa Rica. We went zip lining, on the water slide, horseback riding and ended the day with a relaxing mud spa. We got to see the beautiful and rare Toucans that Don found for us so we could take pictures. Howler monkeys were everywhere in the trees and it was such an amazing experience. We also went off the "regular tour" to find a secret waterfall to take pictures at. The next day was my birthday and we arranged surfing lessons in the morning. Not only was it my first time surfing, but I honestly was a little nervous as I didn't think I would be that good. Not the case at all thanks to my amazing instructor Don Grant! He is seriously the best surf instructor in town and I got up on the first time and never fell once! His wife was so nice to capture pictures of us from the shore and gave us a CD with a video of all the pictures. That evening we headed out on the sunset catamaran he set us up with to go snorkeling and relax on the boat.

Don was unable to accompany us during the rest of our trip due to personal matters, but he arranged us with another guide Rafael to see the beautiful Cataratas de Llanos de Cortes waterfall and also set us up on ATV's along the gorgeous Playa Conchal. Both guides spoke English and were great referrals. Such an amazing experience to see humpback whales from shore and be at completely isolated beaches. He also arranged for us to look at properties in Tamarindo which was great as I would love to get a condo there someday. Costa Rica is such a wonderful country from the weather and the food, to the people and the Pura Vida lifestyle... I loved everything about our trip and it was the perfect birthday getaway. We were able to communicate easily with Don through email and Whatsapp (which is much easier if you have WiFi) and we never experienced any issues. Don, I couldn't thank you enough for everything you did for us. I wish you the very best with your business and will continue to spread the word about you! I highly recommend ANYONE visiting the Guanacaste area in Costa Rica to book with Get Lost in Costa Rica. You will have an unforgettable experience!

Visited August 2013