“Great Spot!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 31 Tamarindo B&B and Inns
Whitehorse, Canada
“Great Spot!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

We stayed here for 8 nights & loved it. The standard room was simple, comfortable, quiet but exactly what we wanted (& right by the pool). If anything, the only thing it was missing is maybe a mini fridge to put some drinks in. The staff were awesome! Very friendly & helpful. Took care of everything.....any dramas, just had to ask. Food was great, especially the restaurant dinner menu! Can't go wrong with the location either. Only minutes from more restaurants & bars, the main street & the beach.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
San Diego, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

I don't usually write reviews but I have to this time. It was my birthday weekend and my girlfriend wanted to take me on some excursions. The pricing Helene gave prior to arrival was much different upon our actual arrival. So, we decided not to use the company Helene owns and booked through Cala Luna concierge. We had a great time on the Monkey Jungle Zip Line and our surf lessons with David.

When it came time to arrange transportation back to Liberia, Helene suggested we find a local taxi in town and if we weren't able to find someone to pick us up at 4:15am!! then come back and she would arrange it for us. That's not a good business practice. We didn't know the locals so once again we arranged transportation through Cala Luna concierge where our friends were staying.

My suggestion to Helene is when the majority of your income comes from tourists money, you should be more willing to assist your guests.

Randy and the housekeeping crew were phenomenal. Gracias and Pura Vida!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Hotel-Pasatiempo, Owner at Hotel Pasatiempo, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Hello, I am really sorry to read that I could not satisfied you with my excursions prices, but if I remember correctly what happened is that you wanted to book a Super Combo trip at Rincon de la Vieja with me and as we explained to you by mail and also at the reception at your arrival is that the price starts at $130/p.p if we have only 2 people and then goes down depending of the quantity of participants to $105/p.p. Unfortunately, we did not have other clients for the day you have required but we offered you to open the tour to permit us to advertise it in town and make a group (Always in the idea to give you a better rate). There is always someone who open the tour right? About Monkey Jungle canopy, our price is $35/p.p like everyone in town and for a private surf lesson $45/p.p

Regarding the transfer to Liberia, we run at Pasatiempo daily vehicles for $30/pp, I am surprised to read that I offered you to go downtown to find by yourself a taxi if I could offer you this service. Maybe you were not agree with our price.

The majority of my hotel guests have been very happy staying in our hotel, I'm in my first year of operation and recognize that I am still learning about how to manage better my place but I found a little hard that you have ranked a hotel for a service of activities when all prices are advertise inside of our website.
Helene
Lethbridge, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

This was an excellent place to stay! Randy and the staff were very friendly and made sure we had everything we needed. The hotel is clean and had all the amenities we needed. The grounds ere beautiful and Frank the cat was always on patrol. The Wednesday night music was excellent! The hotel was great value as breakfast was included. The Tiki restaurant was amazing! Great location and great staff! Yes, the beds were too hard for our liking, but otherwise a great run hotel!

Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

You must stay here! It was excellent service. I stayed here and Arco Iris, and honestly this hotel was outstanding compared to Arco due to the excellent service. Randy was extremely helpful and always willing to help. The beds were hard but it was excellent for my back. I hung out by the gorgeous pool everyday after the beach and it was extremely relaxing. I am so happy I picked here to stay because it was overall amazing. They even helped me get surfing lessons with Alejandro which YOU MUST BOOK HIM. It is less expensive and he does private lessons. He is so wonderful and so sweet. Please support this hotel and Alejandro! Also, every morning they came and served you breakfast unlike the other hotel where its a dingy table of terrible food. This hotel is amazing LOVED IT

Room Tip: Book surfing lessons with this hotel! Alejandro is excellent!!!
Hamburg, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

I was there for 3 nights - fantastic, a very warm welcome, great staff, feel like home ... fine rooms with air condition. An excelent reataurant and a real good breakfast. From the hotel you need only some minutes, some footsteps into the mainroad with more restaurants,cafes and stores and the beach of Tamarindo.
It was amazing to stay there!!!
Thanx again! :-)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Denver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

Stayed there in January with my husband and my son and it was a fantastic experience. Our room (# 20) was clean and very comfortable. This is the owner Helen and her staff who served the breakfast in the morning, we had the local specialty with rice, beans and fresh coriander, beautiful fruits plate with homemade muffins and more important excellent coffee. Also thanks to Randy who booked for us the Monkey Zip-Lines and the boat trip in the river. I highly recommend this hotel and will stay there for sure if we come back.

Room Tip: #20 has one queen and one twin bed
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Wellington, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

In December 2012 we stayed for one night in this hotel. Our experiences with the new management were very good. Randy and his female partner were very helpful and the responses to our requests were straightforward. They are really interested in making a good job under not always easy circumstances as we had to find out in Latin America.We wish them a good start as entrepreneur and hope they will have a successful future. We were very pleased with our stay at this hotel.
Franz Etzweiler, Switzerland

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Pasatiempo? Share your experiences!