“Great Tennis and Surfing lessons...” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #9 of 96 Activities in Tamarindo
Type: Health Clubs, Sports
More attraction details
Owner description: Nick Holt Fitness is a full service personal training outfit located in Tamarindo, Costa Rica offering personal training, group training, boot camp fitness classes, yoga classes, surf lessons, tennis lessons and surf specific exercise programs. We train all ages and fitness levels in a spacious indoor facility or out on the beautiful beaches of Tamarindo. Contact us to stay fit and healthy during your Tamarindo vacation!
4 attraction reviews
“Great Tennis and Surfing lessons...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

I was referred to Nick via Oliver at 15-0 (the great tennis club in Tamarindo) and had several tennis lessons with Nick. They were great, Nick is super professional, reliable and an all round good guy. He really helped me with my game and i really enjoyed the experience. Then my wife and I had 2 surfing lessons which were great, Nick knows is stuff and very knowledgable. We wished we had had the lessons earlier as we ran out of time - its a shame holidays come to an end! Anyone who arrives in Tamarindo who wants to get in shape either through personal training, tennis or surfing then contact Nick - he is a master at them all. Thanks Nick - hopefully see you next year! Danny & Lisa

Visited January 2013

New York
“Can't get in touch with him!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

So, I can't review Nick's actual services but I can say that I've tried to reach him 3 times via his website and number and have had no responses from him. A month prior to my trip I sent an inquiry via his website. I was planning on being in Tamarindo for 8 days and wanted to schedule several sessions with him, in addition to attending his TRX class (which I do back home regularly). No response. I emailed him again a week before my visit (through his website). No response. When I got to Tamarindo, I called a number I had for him and could not get through. It's quite difficult to book services with someone if they don't respond! Not sure what happened - hope he's OK - but disappointed I didn't get to work with him while I'm in Tamarindo.

Visited December 2012
Nick H, Owner at Nick Holt Fitness, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
Dear Alexfi24,

Thanks for the review. Without it I would have never known that there was a glitch in my contact form. After a little digging, I am now realizing I may have missed other contact inquiries as well. I apologize we were unable to connect.

I am in the process right now of rectifying the glitch but in the meantime I have added my direct email so it is easier for people to contact me going forward - nickholtfit@gmail.com

Also, which number did you try? 8748-0126? This is a good number, but sometimes here in Costa Rica calls don't go through. You have to try a few times to get a good connection - this is the small price we pay living here in Tamarindo :)

Again, I thank you for exposing this problem in my system and apologize that we couldn't connect. I do wish you al the best and hope that next time you're in Tamarindo we can train together.
thanks
Nick Holt
londres
“Go for it, it's fun fitness!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

I've been training with NIck for a few months now and every training session has you achieving different goals in different ways, so it never gets monotonous.
Working with the TRX is a unique and effective way of body conditioning.
Nick always pushes you to your limits with encouragement and clear instruction giving pleasing results.
Having a lot of knowledge on dietary facts he can help you to follow a controlled plan or something in particular you need.

Visited November 2012
Tamarindo, Costa Rica
“Always fun and highly motivating!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

I have been training with Nick since February this year and I have never enjoyed working out so much in my life. Nick is a highly skilled fitness instructor with very broad knowledge in fitness techniques and he always comes up with something new to keep the training fun and challenging and to enable me to get more out of my workouts. From TRX training in the gym to boxing, to conditioning, to hill sprints, to tossing sandbags and rocks around he motivates me to push myself harder every time and I have had great results in terms of overall wellness and vastly improved strength.
I would not hesitate to recommend Nick to anyone who is interested in improving their fitness and health. We are very lucky to have someone of his caliber working out of Tamarindo. Thanks Nick!

Visited November 2012
Tamarindo, Costa Rica
“Dedicated to Getting You Results”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

I've trained with Nick on and off for the last 12 months. The results have been astounding. I came to him asking for assistance with improving my speed, and agility for soccer. He put together a plan (morning training, nutrition, running) that accomplished these 2 goals as well as helping me shed an extra 15 lbs.

In the last 10 years I've tried numerous things to drop those 15. With Nick I was able to do it! As a result my clothes fit better, my confidence, and energy are through the roof.

If you are just visiting Tamarindo or live here full time and you want to see actual results then look no further than Nick Holt.

Visited October 2012