“Our stay at the Mirador” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mirador B&B

Save Saved
You added Mirador B&B to your Saves list
Mirador B&B
3.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   300 Meters North of Gym, Tamarindo, Costa Rica   |
Special Rate
$120 (USD)
Ranked #3 of 32 Tamarindo B&B and Inns
Houston, Texas
“Our stay at the Mirador”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

Our trip to the Mirador was absolutely worth every penny we spent on it! Steve and Liisa are such awesome people! Their hospitality is so great that it definitely goes to show how much they enjoy what they do! From the moment we booked our stay, they immediately contacted us to see if we needed any activities booked, when we arrived in Tamarindo, they made sure we were settled and anything we needed, they were there to help! We definitely plan to return for another vacation at the Mirador B&B!!
Kyle & Lauren

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014 via mobile

Our stay at the Mirdor B&B far exceeded our expectations! Every aspect of the stay was very relaxing and comfortable.
Our Host Steve and Liisa Quin made us feel at home from the moment we walked in the door.
Liisa our Host arranged all our activities and Drivers. We deep sea fished, horseback riding on the beach, white water rafting, zip line and Catamaran.
We differently will be going back to Steve and Liisa Quin "Mirdor B&B" in Tamarindo Costa Rica
Jim & Cara

• Stayed June 2014
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

We arrived at 1:15 AM, Steve was there to greet us. What a guy. The property was very well maintain & comfortable. The staff did a great job from breakfast to room cleaning services. Fishing was awesome with Michael, put us on a 450 blue marlin. Unbelievable 2 days of fishing. Thanks for everything Steve & Lisa, wonderful vacation !

• Stayed April 2014
Cocoa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

what an excellent time had by all , steve, & liisa were great hosts, and man oh man can those girls put out a spread for breakfast ( excelant, excelant, ) rooms were great, pool sure was refreshing after a beautiful day of fishing. resteraunts were very good in town along with all the waitress's, bar tenders, and people in general.. boat cap't ( Michael) great person and took great care of us.view from mirador had beautiful sun sets from balcony .
again , want to say a BIG thank you to STEVE & LIISA for all they did during our wonderful stay with them at the mirador in costa rica thank you thank you ,
tracy

Room Tip: unit 5 if you want near pool unit 3 if you want balcony view all are beautiful
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Hempstead, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

The Mirador is 1 hr from LIB airport. And they will charge $80 for a pickup. It has a stay at home feel: there are 4 other bedrooms. While we stayed poolside, there were 2 flights of steps to climb daily. But, poolside, we enjoyed the closeness of our room, the radio access and a great view. The sunset is a must from the first floor! WIFI access available and a different breakfast item every morning: fruit plate, tea/coffee and orange juice were the staples. There were beverages and snacks for purchase but the water, a must, was free! The current owners, Steve and Liisa, were so welcoming, helpful and social. You felt like guests in their home! They even allowed you to use their phone to call a cab. The rooms were cleaned daily and meals prepared each morning by two lovely women. Unfortunately, while we were there several people got sick. Three guests took turns getting sick; my husband eventually succumbed at the end of our trip, I got sick once returning home. We cannot figure out if it was airborne in CR or inside the house! Symptoms were stomach cramps, nausea, diarrhea and fatigue. One guest needed a doctor and two others cut their trip short to return home. Also, this B & B is far from the beach and town. The walk there, if athletic, is fine, but the walk back is hilly and steep. While in town, there is plenty to do: beach, bars, eateries, etc.

Tip: NETTOURS has a great ATV excursion. They also charge $20 to the airport.

The sunset tour set up by our hosts, $85 per person, was a wonderful excursion.

Drink plenty of bottled water!!

Learn basic Spanish. It will help and you will find the locals very friendly when you speak their language.

Be wary of drug dealers and prostitutes. We were there for holiday which brings transients so we are not certain if they are rampant any other month. However, a simple No should suffice.

The sounds you hear at night are nature....embrace it!

• Stayed April 2014
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

I took my teenager to Costa Rica and we selected the Mirador based on TripAdvisor reviews. We couldn't have been happier with our selection. Our room was spacious, clean and comfortable. It was lovely to enjoy the ocean views from our balcony. The location is close enough to town/beaches to be convenient but far enough away to feel private, quiet and safe. The homemade breakfasts every morning were wonderful.

Our hosts, Liisa and Steve, helped us book wonderful excursions that fit our interests. More importantly, they were a godsend when my child fell suddenly ill. They went well beyond the call of duty to arrange medical care and fetch necessities while she recuperated. I was expecting great hosts based on what others wrote. I was not expecting the kind of hospitality that treats you like family during an emergency. If you believe, as I do, that you learn a lot about people during a crisis, then know that Liisa and Steve are exactly the kind of wonderful people you want to entrust with your vacation.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Oshawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

My girlfriend and I decided a vacation was in order as we Canadians had an exceptionally long and cold winter this year , this was my first time on a plane and in a foreign country and will admit I was abit nervous .We were greeted at the airport by a driver that was arranged for us by Steve and Lisa quinn , the owners of the beautiful mirador b&b located in tamarindo, Costa Rica and driven to our destination . First thing I noticed after how spotless their establishment was was the beautiful view of the sun setting from the main room of the house, I was delighted to see that our room on the floor below afforded us the same view off our balcony, a beautiful sunset we took in every night if we were at the house at the time. The rooms were spacious and very clean with the pool just outside which was perfect for just winding down after a long day . Steve and liisa were very courteous and friendly and overnight my fears of a foreign country and language were lifted due to their hospitality and demeanour . They had taken the time to listen to our stories and interests and when it came time for me and my girlfriend to set an itinerary they had given us options of things they learned we we're interested in doing and seeing . These transplanted Canadians made us feel right at home and it almost seemed they couldn't do enough for us . With their help we set up excursions to go out on a catamaran , watch an excellent fireshow ,ziplining, body surfing, went to a rodeo, beautiful beaches , amazing restaurants and to top it all off, I had Steve set me up on a boat to go out fishing for sailfish . I was going out fishing alone with the crew of the boat because my girlfriend doesn't fish . I was surprised when steve told me that he'd rescheduled meetings and obligations all just to keep me company on the boat on our 8 hour fishing trip on which we saw a tortoise, dolphins and caught a 100 pound sailfish . The cherry on top was liisa conferring with my girlfriend and surprising me with a boat trip on the estuary the day befor we left Costa Rica to see all sorts of wildlife and especially the crocodiles ( that were right near the top of my list for things to see while here ) . The breakfasts were great with fresh fruit served each morning which was a great way to start the day . We lucked out on this beautiful B&B having a couple of the nicest people I've met running the show . Now this was my first time out of canada but I dont think we'd meet friendly, more accommodating people at any establishment in any country . On the bright side we'll just have to keep coming back to Costa Rica and the beautiful mirador B&B located in tamarindo . And a big thanks to Steve and liisa for all they did for us and making our trip an unforgettable memory and alleviating any fears one might have about visiting a foreign country .

Thanks for everything !!!

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Mirador B&B? Share your experiences!