“Great food” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #22 of 110 restaurants in Tamarindo
Cuisines: International
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Special occasions
Description: Ttiki restaurant is only fresh food with costarican products , good price and french flair
Toronto, Canada
“Great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

We stayed at the hotel so we ate here pretty often. The tuna and avocado salad is amazing! My mouth water thinking about it. Also had the seared tuna here after a disappointing try at Seasons by Shlomy, and the Chef at Ttiki totally nailed the dish. It was delicious and cooked to perfection. We also had the tenderloin, surf chicken and ttiki burger and they were all great as well. You have to try the chocolate mousse! I love milk chocolate, and my boyfriend loves dark chocolate, and somehow this was in the middle. We finished it in record time. If you're in Tamarindo, and want great food please give this place a try.

Visited December 2012

85% Recommend
Buffalo, New York
“Birthday desserts to go!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

Stop in rather than call! My husband ran there to get profiteroles and macaroon for my birthday dessert, and they were super helpful and friendly. The profiteroles were amazing. They even gave him a birthday candle!

Visited January 2013
Denver, Colorado
“Average compared to other places in area”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

I had the red snapper. The fish was pretty good but I felt it was more expensive than other places in Tamarindo. I also got a sundae and that was just mediocre as well. I did find the actual restaurant to be very cute and could be romantic.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Atlanta, Georgia
“Hidden gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013 via mobile

The salad is sublime. We had a really nice meal and the service was attentive. This is a good young chef that has bright future . Our best meal in Costa Rica.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Cincinnati
“Very good meal with excellent service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

My family and I ate here on our last night in Tamarindo. We saved one of the best restaurants for last. It seems by reading the restaurant reviews for Tamarindo that almost every restaurant got a 5. I guess we weren't dining in the same places. We made a reservation earlier that day. When we first arrived (7:30) the restaurant was really empty but later on it filled up. The people running it seemed French to us. All the food was very good. I had tuna, one son had steak tartare, the other son had shrimp and my husband had the whole snapper for our main course. I wanted my tuna more done and the waitress said I shouldn't do it as it would ruin the tuna. She said if I didn't like it, they would cook it more. It was a little pinker than I like but it wasn't bad. She saw that I was eating around the edges and asked if they could cook it more. I said it was all right but I appreciated that she asked on her own. The desserts were wonderful including the chocolate mousse, the profiteroles and the creme brulee. The service was wonderful especially compared to most of the service we received in the other area restaurants. Service doesn't see to be practiced at most of the area restaurants. The attitude is too laid back for me.We would definitely return here if ever in the area again. I would give this 4 1/2 stars, if possible. I didn't go to any 5 star restaurants in Tamarindo.

• Visited December 2012