“amazing yoga instruction on beach” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Blue Trailz Hostel & Surf Camp

You added Blue Trailz Hostel & Surf Camp to your Saves list
Blue Trailz Hostel & Surf Camp
2.0 of 5 Hostel   |   Main street next to Alamo Rent a Car, Tamarindo 50309, Costa Rica   |
Hotel deals
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Fairview, Pennsylvania
“amazing yoga instruction on beach”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2011

took 2 private yoga instructions on the beach with emily. It was amazing. Emily was very kind and accomdating. Will be sure to return. Tamarindo beach is very beautiful and peaceful. Yoga does not get much better than this. Looking forward to next year. PURA VIDA

Stayed February 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Tamarindo, Costa Rics
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2011

I booked a trip to Costa Rica pretty randomly, I went to the airline website looked at their destinations and picked one. I had no clue where to go when I got there so I went online and started researching a good destination. I was thinking of which coast to go to, was it going to the Pacific side or the Caribbean? I picked the Pacific side and started to narrow my choices down.... I read a lot of good things about Tamarindo, so I decided to head there first.
After choosing my destination I started reading reviews about the hostels... I looked at them carefully but was drawn to one of the higher reviewed hostels called Blue Trailz. It seemed like it may be a good place for me, but you never know online so I just booked 4 nights. I arrived in Tamarindo a day late because of weather complications,and checked into the hostel around 10am. The place looked nice but there was not really anyone around, but I figured they were just out and about. Sure enough as time went by more and more people appeared out of nowhere. I met some other fellow travelers that seemed nice, but you never know so I kept alert....just kidding lol.
I was introduced to the place and felt pretty comfortable after only a few hours of being here. Oh yea I forgot to tell you, I am still here as I write this,and in the 4 weeks I have been here I met tons of nice people, the staff and fellow travelers. I have seen many people come and go, but I seem to have found a place that I enjoy so I am hanging out. The owners take the time to get to know everyone who stays here, and at least once a week there are group outings to a restaurant, bar, or even a kickball game which kicked my butt!! It is a really good feeling to have so many different people coming together as a group to enjoy some time together. I would say this place has really good vibes, and they also offer tons of things to do. You will have a great time, and if you are into Canadians then you will really love it here, because right about now there is about a 1000 to 1 ratio of Canadians to Americans in the hostel.. I feel so alone here, could someone from America please get a passport and come here?!?!?

Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2011

As a girl traveling alone, I look for three things in a place to stay: cleanliness, security and a great atmosphere. Blue Trailz came out on top in all three areas!

The rooms are comfy, clean and air-conditioned. I also felt safe and secure the whole time I was there. And there aren’t enough words to describe how great the atmosphere was. I didn’t want to leave. In fact, I cancelled the rest of my trip and ended up staying at Blue Trailz for almost two weeks and still almost cried when I had to leave to catch my flight home. The owners, are a vibrant, young Canadian couple: Emily is an amazing yoga instructor with a huge heart and Steve is always good for a laugh and an adventure. And I’m not sure how this happens, but everyone that stays there is great.

Victoria, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2011

Awesome people, great new friends and those are just the owners and staff.
our stay was by far the best hostel experience ever.
i've travelled all throughout Australia and Steve and Emily at Blue Trailz were the perfect hosts with the perfect services.
The girlfriend took a surf lesson with instructor Rudy and he was professional and rad to chill with. couldnt have imagined our costa rica trip without these people!!!serious!!!
thanks again Emily and Steve!!
your friends in victoria
-matt and liz

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Newquay, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2011

That's the best place to stay. 2 minutes walk from the beach, great atmosphere, met some great people there. we stayed in one of the private rooms which is huge and got everything ( 2 double beds, 1 bunk bed, kitchen, bathroom and balcony). The owners Steve and Emily are just amazing people and deserve all the best for their business and their life! they are super friendly and helpful at all times. so their staff. Giovani who works at the shop is a really cool dude and will be happy to help you with all the local knowledge of the waves around Costa Rica! If you go their you MUST stay at this place. Its also super chilled out and safe place with a security guard their the whole night! So just go there and have fun!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
All Over
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2011

This amazing hostel is perfectly located in town one minute walking to the beach. Has a great community feel. Place is really secure, with lockers both large and small (although I didn't really need them). The Staff is excellent. Steve and Emily go out of their way to make sure you're taken care of. Met lots of fellow travelers I am still in contact with today. Overall great experience. Man I miss that place.

Cusco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2011

Fantastic hostel, the owners and staff are so friendly and helpful. I met so many new people, everyone was very sociable and it was a great atmosphere. I booked for a night and stayed a week! The location is perfect, I would defiantely reccommend it!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo

Been to Blue Trailz Hostel & Surf Camp? Share your experiences!