“Pura Vida in Tamarindo!” 5 of 5 stars

Blue Trailz Hostel
Main street next to Alamo Rent a Car, Tamarindo 50309, Costa Rica   |
Hotel deals
Olympia, Washington, United States
“Pura Vida in Tamarindo!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

8 fourteen year old students and a fellow teacher and I spent 5 glorious days at Blue Trailz. the accomodations were clean, comfortable and air-conditioned! The included breakfasts were delicious and varied every day. The staff were extremely personable and went out of their way to show us the best of Tamarindo. We were able to use awesome, new mountain bikes for a beautiful guided ride in the surrounding area and had amazing surfing instructors who gave us clear instructions, a lot of patience and confidence so that we all felt successful! None of us wanted to leave! Blue Trailz is the best and a must for Tamarindo bound travellers!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
San Jose, Costa Rica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

This was my first hostel experience, but it was amazing. The hostel is just a few steps from the beach. The rooms were very clean as the cleaning lady came in every day, and come with air conditioning, comfy beds, fridge and microwave, and an outside stove and oven for cooking. I enjoyed my time relaxing in the common area with the hammocks, hanging out with the fellow travelers. Staff was very friendly and helpful. When ever I come back to Tamarindo, Blue Trailz is the place.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
springfield, illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

I had surfing lessons with Kurt from Blue Trailz for two days and it was just great. He was patient and never made me feel like I couldn't do it. He also gave me several recommendations for places to eat and stay and left me some great memories of my time in Tamarindo. Blue Trailz is right across the street from the beach and everyone in the shop was laid back and friendly.

montreal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

Cheap place, well situated, very safe, pretty clean, great people, the owners and the staff is really nice. It is a small place so I liked it and I also liked the fact that the common area was outside. I started my trip there and I've met plenty of people and I just kept on traveling with them for all my trip!! I just loved my experience!!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

I really enjoyed my stay at this hostel. The location is superb, the staff are very friendly and helpful, they make you feel like family. There is a nice and chill common area with two hammocks. I enjoyed hanging out with the other travellers and sometimes the staff hangout as well.
The downside for me was the rooms, I felt they were a bit rundown (bathrooms don't lock, door handles a bit loose, bed structures a bit shifty)the rooms weren't cleaned very well and the beds; as comfy as they were, i didn't like the fact that you couldn't sit up and felt a bit cramped.
That being said I would definately stay here again for the location and the staff.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Kreuzberg, Berlin, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012 via mobile

I got into Tamarindo after a long trip from Mannuel Antonino. The hostel is very smiple and small, the hostel sits right behind the surf shop. Anyways I had a surf and stay combo package, it also came with breakfeast as well as shuttle back to Liberia. It all came for a pretty cheap price, the surf lesson were cool and fun. I didn't care for the surf instructor that much but stilll was a cool experience. I stayed in six bed dorm room which had amazing ac and fridge within the room. It was really enjoyable. The common area was a great place to chill, drink, smoke, read or do whatever you want. And of course the best of hostel it is literal two seconds from the beach and the nearest supermarket which is lovely for the backpacker on the budget!! Great hostel if I ever come back to Tammarindo I will come back to Blue Trailz

• Stayed June 2011
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

By far the best hostel in Tamarindo. The staff is really nice and accomodating. The people we met while we stayed at blue trailz will be long life friends. Pura Vida!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Blue Trailz Hostel? Share your experiences!