“Friendly vibe plus performance boards!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Costa Rica Surf Club

Costa Rica Surf Club
Main street beachfront at Sunrise Comercial Center shop #8, Tamarindo 1000, Costa Rica
+506 2653 0130
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #26 of 96 Activities in Tamarindo
Type: Specialty Shops, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: High performance and intermediate surfboard rentals,surf lessons/school, kids and womans surf gear and accesories,surf trips, surfing art or anything surfing related, we run a honest and complete Surf Shop in Tamarindo Costa Rica with a huge surfboards selection, new, used for sale hire. Profesional instructors will teach you how to surf and have fun doing it. Custom Surf Trip to Witche's Rock and Ollie's Point by boat or land also Surfing Packages for all levels, also all the accesories for surfing plus original surf art.
Austin, Texas
“Friendly vibe plus performance boards!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2012

Just back from a fantastic trip where as well as learning a little bit Spanish, I managed to take my family to surf a little too thanks to Diego and Sabrina, These friendly couple was great. Excellent instructors, they got my kids up riding waves on their first day. Good selection of boards. Super convenient to town
I also wrote another review for Surf Culture surf shop which worth the try.

Visited April 2012

Forest Hills, New York
“Great, Fair, and Friendly Surf Shop!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2011

Just got back from visiting Tamarindo. Of all the surf shops I walked into this one gave me the friendliest vibe. They were very fair with their prices and even offered to let me exchange my board half way through if I wanted something more advanced...I didn't take them up on that. When I came back to the shop the proprietor even let me use their shower out back to wash away some salt and sand without me even asking.

Overall, I highly recommend this shop. It's close to the beach, the people are friendly and, the prices are great and you can't ask for much more.

Visited February 2011
Currumbin, Australia
“Great valueand good waves.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2011

Diego, runs a very unique and much needed service in Tamarindo. He showed us a sample of all the waves available on offer in the surrounding areas around Tamarindo. We had a great selection of good quality boards to choose from, and he made sure that we were able to experience uncrowded waves if the option was available. For the price, including a hotel accomodation, the price cant be beat. It certainly was a better deal than me renting a car, and trying to figure out where to drive to surf each day.

Albuquerque, New Mexico
6 attraction reviews
“Awsome Trip, Great Value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2011

Had a great time surfing every day. Spent 6+ hrs/day in the water surfing hard. We always found surf that worked. First 4 days of the trip swell was on and easy to find good surf. Last 4 days MSW had swell at 2ft yet still found swell that worked. Diego knows the tides and spots that will keep swell working. Had a really good time. Surf shop had all we needed. I was able to pull a Webber 6'4" and worked sweet for me all week. Others in the group tried all kinds of different boards. Looks like he maxes out at 4 people at any given time so lots of personal attention and tips to help step up my game. After a solid morning early afternoon away surfing back to the hotel, 1 hr nap and another surf in Tamarindo.

The hotel he partners with was great but we were rarely there, AC/fan worked great and was clean. Breakfast of eggs, rice and beans every day was delux and perfect fuel for the day. A grocery right across the street made it easy for beer runs and they took credit cards. Drip coffee also, not instant like so many other 3rd world travels I've done.

Trust me you want to roll with a guide. No issues in CR with localisim in the breaks but all the other surf spots work so much better than Tamarindo. Its a good beginner spot and a fun place to play (at least on the swell while we were there. But also more crowded. Having Diego and team drive us around to the different spots with less crowd and better swell was awsome.

I thought the price was a real bargian and enjoyed every min. Expect you dinner meals to run $10 if you go on the cheap and up from there. Grocery across the street prices are near equivilant to US. Beer is about $1/can in the grocery.

Will gladly try to go back next year if I can get another kitchen pass from the wife.

San Francisco, California
“Awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2011

Diego and the crew of the CRSC are fantastic. I'm a pretty new surfer and decided that it was time to go for an "intensive" someplace where I could stay in the water longer than the couple of hours I usually manage in the Bay Area. I compared a few surf camps in CR and decided on CRSC. Diego is a great guy. The crew who work the shop are really knowledgeable and generous. Diego knows all the breaks, knows the best time to go, and judging from my abilities and those of the rest of the group picked perfect spots. We didn't waste any time going from break to break trying to figure things out. He is also very well know in town and at the breaks. He always pick us up on time, made sure we knew what to bring, and what the break was going to be like. Finally his shop has a huge selection of boards so that you could pick and choose to suit the break, the swell, and your ability. I highly recommend him and the shop for a camp and am already planning on a trip next year.