“Great place to stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 33 Tamarindo B&B and Inns
Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
“Great place to stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

Great price, great location, and great people! The security guard Jose was fantastic we looked forward to talking to him every night! Paolo the owner will do anything he can for you. A few of us got sick with the flu while we were there and he made sure we were OK and told us he would call his personal doctor if we needed him to. It is just a short walk to the beach and close to a lot of restaurants and bars. There isn't anything fancy about the rooms but we were only there to shower & sleep.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Stockholm, Sweden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

The breakfast is a bit of a bummer if you expect too much, other than that, the apartments are great, youve got AC in the bedroom, fans in the rest, a little terrace, kitchen, a small pool and the towncenter 200m away.

The owner is awesome, United airlines lost my luggage for a day and the he lent me a pair of boardshorts and more If i wouldve wanted to. I asked if I could borrow the phone to check the status on my luggage but he told me that he would call for me and take care of it, which he also did

Stay here!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Nyack, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

My friend and I traveled to Costa Rica this November for a conference. We wanted to stay at a small hotel for a few days before we checked in to the resort where the conference was being held. We picked Domus Kahuna and booked a 2 bedroom apartment because it looked clean and inviting on the website. Well, it was except for a few small issues. The wall in the living room was scratched and had peeling paint right where the futon couch butted up against it. And the futon had a broken leg, making it impossible to sit on. This was fixed quickly, but of course the paint was not. The bathroom was functional, the shower was great. But the tiles and concrete in the bathroom had some moldy areas which should have been cleaned before we arrived. This kind of thing makes me think that cleaning was less than optimal. I can say that about the dishes too, because all 4 of our drinking glasses were found with lipstick and smudges. We were not supplied with a sponge or dish soap, so how could we be expected to clean them? We used bath soap to clean them before using.
I would hope that these easy to remedy problems could be eliminated.
But overall the room was perfect for our needs, the beds were comfy and we did sleep well.
An added plus was that the whole place was enclosed in a high fence with off street parking and at night there was a guard. This made us feel safe.
And the little restaurant on the premises served up a nice little breakfast of coffee, eggs and toast, beans too, I think.
The outdoor space by our room was great and gave some privacy. The pool area was clean and blocked from the rooms.
And yes, it was close to all the town and facilities, a supermarket right across the street and the beach 3 mins away.
The price was right too.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

I was beyond pleased with my stay at Domus Kahuna! For starters, it is centrally located to everything one could need...the beach, shopping, grocery, and nightlife. My friend and I rented the two bedroom apartment and loved it. Paolo, Massimo, and Jose were very helpful, informative, and best of all... are all around fantastic guys! Tamarindo is a great place that I know I will visit again, and when I do, I have no doubt I will be staying at Domus Kahuna. Everything about my stay far exceeded all of my expectations. Thank you guys for such a memorable vacation!!!!! :D

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

Loved my stay at Domus kuhuna! I traveled to Costa Rica in July 2012 and stayed in Tamrindo to get some dental work done. As a solo traveler i needed somewhere safe, affordable and clean which is why i picked this place to stay. It did exceed all of my expectations! whilst in the middle of everything, (bars, restaurant and close to the beach) it still felt like a little private oasis with a beautiful pool and your own little veranda to sit and relax .In the evenings they had a watchman on duty whom always greeted me when i came back at the end of night and made me feel very safe..Thanks Paolo!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Cagliari
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2012

Four times in Costa Rica four times at Domus Kahuna
I've been in there for 6 months in total.
The Hotel is in central position very close to supermarket, beach access bank and surfshops.
Pool and rooms are very clean.
Its one of few places where you can eat an excellent italian food in good company of great surfers.
The owner speaks spanish, english, italian and a perfect sardinian.
He can solve any problem
Everything is super.
Best place where to stay

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
San Jose, Costa Rica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2012

Hi everyone I am from Costa Rica, and i'm more that satisfied with my stay in domus kahuna the hotel is very beautiful and clean the staff is very friendly, and Paolo the owner he is awesome, I now that any time i go to tamarindo and visit i will be staying at domus kahuna.

Room Tip: Room 7 was great.