“LOVED IT HERE!!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 31 Tamarindo B&B and Inns
Sacramento, California
“LOVED IT HERE!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

I was beyond pleased with my stay at Domus Kahuna! For starters, it is centrally located to everything one could need...the beach, shopping, grocery, and nightlife. My friend and I rented the two bedroom apartment and loved it. Paolo, Massimo, and Jose were very helpful, informative, and best of all... are all around fantastic guys! Tamarindo is a great place that I know I will visit again, and when I do, I have no doubt I will be staying at Domus Kahuna. Everything about my stay far exceeded all of my expectations. Thank you guys for such a memorable vacation!!!!! :D

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

70 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

Loved my stay at Domus kuhuna! I traveled to Costa Rica in July 2012 and stayed in Tamrindo to get some dental work done. As a solo traveler i needed somewhere safe, affordable and clean which is why i picked this place to stay. It did exceed all of my expectations! whilst in the middle of everything, (bars, restaurant and close to the beach) it still felt like a little private oasis with a beautiful pool and your own little veranda to sit and relax .In the evenings they had a watchman on duty whom always greeted me when i came back at the end of night and made me feel very safe..Thanks Paolo!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Cagliari
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2012

Four times in Costa Rica four times at Domus Kahuna
I've been in there for 6 months in total.
The Hotel is in central position very close to supermarket, beach access bank and surfshops.
Pool and rooms are very clean.
Its one of few places where you can eat an excellent italian food in good company of great surfers.
The owner speaks spanish, english, italian and a perfect sardinian.
He can solve any problem
Everything is super.
Best place where to stay

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
San Jose, Costa Rica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2012

Hi everyone I am from Costa Rica, and i'm more that satisfied with my stay in domus kahuna the hotel is very beautiful and clean the staff is very friendly, and Paolo the owner he is awesome, I now that any time i go to tamarindo and visit i will be staying at domus kahuna.

Room Tip: Room 7 was great.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2012

Cute place with a pool and hospitable owner. Very safe parking lot and perfect location for everything (Beach, nightlife, shopping, dining, etc.). I was skeptical of this place when I first read the negative reviews on this site, but am pleasantly surprised to have proven myself wrong. The room wasn't too big, but if you need a big room - your spending too much time in it.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2012

This hotel is super close to the beach and has a grocery store across from it, and restaurants close by. Couldn't be a better location for convience. I did not need a car for anything. The owner was very accomodating and was fluent in Spanish, English and Italian. He was super friendly and had lots of ideas for things to do. I felt incredibly safe there. There is an onsight security gaurd and a safe in the rooms. I did not worry about my belongings at all. Furthermore it was very clean and had a great internet connection. The little kitchen in the corner of the courtyard makes great food and is super convient. The courtyard and pool are beautiful and very clean. I met the most amazing people in and around Domus Kahuna that I feel I couldn't have planned it better.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2012 via mobile

I have to agree with the Rubbish review.. On the positive side the place was pretty clean and relatively well located... Short walk to the beach.. Close to bars and restaurants.. On a negative side the AC was just in one room.. No safe for valuables.. No breakfast (waited around for 15 mins).. Rooms seemed a little run down.. I will admit we stayied at the Diria for 4 nights before we went to MalPais.. And it spoiled us.. Our room there was $40 more a night and completely better.. The breakfast alone was worth it.. Facilities much nicer etc. That's where I will stay the next time I'm in Tamarindo..

• Stayed January 2012

Been to Hotel Domus Kahuna? Share your experiences!