We booked a private room at this hostel and our experience was wonderful! The host, Marianna, is a wonderful woman full of character and information. Her son Francisco is also a wonderful guy who teaches surf lessons for a great price and is extremely friendly and hospitable. During our stay we met numerous people from all over the world and made quick friends. The layout of the hostel was great... Dorms on the left, private rooms on the right, a beautiful pool in the middle and the kitchen and hang out areas in the back. Everything was open air and we even got to see some awesome wildlife just sitting on the couches. One morning an iguana jumped from the roof into the pool to cool off and he hung around for a while until we were able to snap photos. We also saw giant grasshoppers, lizards and a big toad. Our rooms were freshened up each day, the kitchen was cleaned every morning and the place was kept nice and tidy throughout the day. Free coffee each morning and about a 10 minute walk from the beach. We loved it! Kinda far from the hustle and bustle of the center of the town but worth the walks.
A few things that people might not like:
1.There is a cat that sits on the counter and meows while everyone is cooking, begging for food. Marianna shoos it away but it always comes back.
2. There are multiple dogs owned by the host. They are not bothersome but sometimes they bark and fight.
3. There is smoking allowed in the general hangout area.
4. You only get one towel for your entire stay and the rooms are very basic (but with air conditioning!)
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and BookingOdigeoWL so you can book your La Botella de Leche reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Botella De Leche Hotel Tamarindo