“Good food but service could have been better” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 124 Restaurants in Tamarindo
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Doing business, Outdoor seating, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout, Delivery, Late Night, Dessert
Cincinnati
“Good food but service could have been better”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

We went to Seasons because of the excellent reviews posted here. We thought that the food was very good for the most part. I didn't find it exceptional as some people have in their reviews. We were seated out at the pool and it was a pretty night so that was fine. We never got to meet Shlomy as others have. I was looking forward to meeting him. Three of us got the 3 course $28 meal package which is a good deal. The service could have been much better. The restaurant is located in the Hotel Arco Isis and you need to walk into the hotel grounds from the street and keep going back toward the pool or you won't see the restaurant.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

california
“Dinner review”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

My dinner was excellent. I had the salmon and it was cooked perfectly. The setting of the restaurant is very inviting. Eat outdoors if you can.

ann arbor
“Best meal in Costa Rica!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

The guidebook raved about this restaurant and I was not disappointed. The food and service were both outstanding, and the service was impeccable. The prices were quite reasonable! Making for an excellent value. I had the beef carpaccio for a starter and the tuna (rare) for a main course. Both were excellently prepared. The tuna almost melted in my mouth. I wish I had another trip to Costa Rica planned because I would eat there again in a heartbeat. Be sure to bring cash, since they don't take credit cards.

United States
“Best meal we had over an 11 day vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

The quality of the food was outstanding, the service was perfect. We had a party of 6 people and had a great variety of food.

London, United Kingdom
“Awful manager... inhospitable”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

Unfortunately, despite going twice I did not get to eat here so this review is not about the food, which I cannot comment but about the very uncomfortable experience we had at the hands of the 'manager'. Just before Xmas, since nobody picked the phone we stopped by. There were 3 tables occupied and the rest were empty. We were told by the person in charge that they were very busy and were fully booked. When we asked about sitting inside, she told us that was not possible as they only had an outside seating by the pool. A few days later when we arrived the place was busy. They gave us the worst possible table, at the back (inside), next to the kitchen and the restroom. We could not even talk as it was so noisy with the blender and very hot. When I mentioned this to a person who called herself the manager, she was not happy with my comment. I also mentioned that we had been told they did not have inside seating. She did not believe me. Actually she told me I was lying, to which I replied I had a witness. In any case, as I was outside waiting for my sister to arrive, she approached my mother and husband and she proceeded to tell them in very unfriendly terms (and voice tone) that there was no other table and that they had the choice of staying there or leave (again, all in a very threatening voice, never apologizing or caring). When my mother told her that then they were leaving as they could not even hear their voices, the manager proceed to say loudly 'menos mal, que suerte, mejor asi'. Something like, how fortunate, good riddance, better like that (we all speak Spanish) To which my mother and husband then replied back. Perhaps this is the best food in Tamarindo (something I cannot comment) but certainly it cannot aspire to be the best restaurant which such unfriendly inhospitable staff. Going out is an experience that starts with the front of the house. Already the place is not very nice... so if on top, the staff is unfriendly, then the experience cannot be that great. At least, thanks to them we got to discover Pangas were service and food were top notch. Thanks Seasons for throwing us out, first time ever!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere