“Clean, safe and quiet with a huge swimming pool” 5 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Camino a Tamarindo

Save Saved
You added BEST WESTERN Camino a Tamarindo to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Camino a Tamarindo
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3 Km From Huacas Intersection, Main Road Towards Tamarindo Beach, Tamarindo, Costa Rica   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
35% off room rate
Ranked #8 of 22 hotels in Tamarindo
Calgary, Canada
“Clean, safe and quiet with a huge swimming pool”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

This hotel is quite new so everything is fresh and like new. The pool is huge and was nice to relax in. The breakfast was good. The room was nice and clean and the staff was friendly.

It is a 5-10min drive outside of Tamarindo central and not walking distance to the beach. This was a a big plus for us as we did not want to stay in Tamarindo central because it is too overbuilt for us and we wanted to get away from the hustle and bustle.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
castrobw, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Camino a Tamarindo, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

Your comments are very important to us and we value your feedback. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us to deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. We hope you will come back and see us again soon.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at (506) 2653-6818.

120 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Prunedale, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for 10 nights.

The service was excellent, the staff were friendly, helpful and accommodating.

Wonderful pool

Excellent hot breakfast, made to order

We won a free catamaran sunset snorkel cruise; you could too!

Location is made up for by the free shuttle. Juan Carlos is excellent!

24 hour front desk gets you a cab at 4am when your shuttle service doesn't show up.

Bring food to snack on, they only provide restaurant service until 10am, then you're on your own.

• Stayed June 2012
castrobw, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Camino a Tamarindo, responded to this review, August 4, 2012
Dear Nicole,

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

Your comments are very important to us and we value your feedback. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. We hope you will come back and see us again soon.

Indiana, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

I have traveled to many places around the world, but never have I been treated with such graceful hospitality and respect! The staff at Camino a Tamarindo is friendly, accommodating, and goes to great lengths to make sure my vacation needs are met! I would definitely book at this hotel again and will encourage my friends to stay here. Thank you to all for making my vacation experience a memorable one!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
castrobw, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Camino a Tamarindo, responded to this review, August 3, 2012
Dear Sandra,

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

We value your feedback. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. We hope you will come back and see us again soon.

Atenas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

We stopped by without a reservation and asked to see one of the rooms. We were very surprised to find high ceilings, very nice ceiling fan, remote control air conditioning, king size bed, and very decent bathroom. The lighting, curtains and other details made us feel very comfortable. A small front porch over looking an "AMAZING POOL" in which the following morning I spent over an hour in.
Breakfast which came with the room was scrambled eggs, pinto (rice and beans), and good coffee. The staff treated us great.
If your looking for a clean, very safe (hard to find at these prices), and also very quiet, this place will fit right in. But that is not why I'm writing all this. Me in all my mechanical skills decided to make a small adjustment on the car. Well you know how that goes. "Hey honey, it will only take a couple minutes", right! An hour later I was filthy dirty and... a half an hour after we left I realized I had left five tools sitting on a cement parking barrier. One of the tools was my Leatherman. They run about $160 here in Costa Rica. I was sick. The parking lot was completely empty when we left. Well to make a long story short my wife called them immediately and within an hour they had found my tools. The next day they shipped them to us, no charge. We begged to pay and they refused.
Now I realize in other countries this might be considered common service, but in Costa Rica this is nothing shy of fantastic. If they are willing to something like that for us, what might they do for you?
I have lived in CR for eight years and stayed in a lot of places, but I have never written one thing about any of them. Most were not worth writing about. These people deserved it though.
I want to say thanks to the staff for working at that hotel and treating us like we were really important, and not just another tourist.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 6, but honestly, there is not a bad location anywhere you stay. This is not a plac...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Brooklyn, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2012

We spent two nights in TamarGringo, er I mean Tamarindo at this hotel. I would strongly advise not staying here without a car. It's a good 10 minute drive to the beach. I should mention thos os not a walkable 10 minute commute. The rooms were clean, but dated. The shower was difficult to maneuver. It took me a good 10 minutes to figure out how to jiggle the handle for hot water. Breakfast left something to be desired... Choices were either Continental or Typico. Continental consisted of fruit and toast. Typico was rice and beans, eggs and cheese. The door is broken to the dining room area so the waitress has to unlock it every time someone comes in and out. Lastly, they have an armed security guard out front from about 6 pm on... I didn't feel unsafe until I actually saw him out there. The only pro was the pool. It's massive and clean.

Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Helsinki, Finland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2012 via mobile

We were very well received in this hotel! All the receptionnists were amazing and were all the time helping, organizing or arranging things for us. Even before we understood to as for it, they had organized things ready. Incredible.

An absolute must is to take a half day catamaran tour with snorkling, lunch, drinks and finally sunset. Absolute gem and must do! The hotel staff will organize the tour for you.

Don't miss this hotel if you stay in Tamarindo. Here the staff genuinely carrs for you!

• Stayed February 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2012

The regular free shuttle makes it a great hotel to stay in.
Clean room and place, very flexible and accomoding staff.

Nothing wrong to say.
Amazing swimming pool.
We also did the catamaran tour offered at the reception (panache)... Angain... A great experience!

• Stayed February 2012

Been to BEST WESTERN Camino a Tamarindo? Share your experiences!