“Great time” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Best Horse Tours, Zipline & BBQ Feast - Our Eco Adventure Trail Rides offer 1,500 acres of private ranch in Guanacaste. 100 % Cowboy Country. Explore pastures,mountains & creeks. Climb hilltops & enjoy breathtaking 360 degree ocean & valley views. Experience monkeys, iguanas, birds in flight; nature & wildlife up-close. Our horses are well groomed, well trained & friendly. Perfect for day & night adventurers, couples & families with children of all ages. Also our famous private Bbq Fiesta. Enjoy a sunset dinner with BBQ Master Chef grilling up a feast of farm raised chicken, local meats, fish & fresh garden veggies. It's a very unique exclusive evening. Also,we have a new 10 platform canopy zip line which is amazing. We now are offering full combo packages eg : Ride,Zip & BBQ - An all afternoon activity & great value. If u want an adventure, we have it. Also,ask us about our amazing night time ride & zip activities. See u soon in da jungle. :-) Pura Vida.
Tamarindo, Costa Rica
“Great time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

Very peaceful setting and trail. Friendly horses, tour guide and host. Picked us up from our hotel and dropped us off. Thanks again Alex!

Visited September 2012

Isle of Palms, South Carolina
“Cowboy birthday party for Angelo such a blast!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

Black Stallion Hills just hosted a fabulous birthday party for a huge group of local kids, with horses, fabulous food, piñata, play activities and more. It is a wonderful setting for any kind of party, occasion, celebration or wedding. I have spent many incredible evenings in this magical place and riding the beautiful local Criollo horses with authentic Guanacaste saddles is like a dream. The trails are endless with coastal vistas, pristine forest views, sights, smells and open spaces abound. If you are in the Tamarindo area this is a must do place to visit especially for families! The Cantina and western dining hall is always full of laughter and good times. Love love love this place! Alex, the owner, is a character not to be missed both at the ranch and on his surf board in Playa Avellanas.

Surferchefcowboy, Manager at Black Stallion Hills Eco Park, responded to this review, September 16, 2012
We have recently built a very beautiful arena in the green zone,it's perfect for Guanacaste cowboy Fiestas & shows,kids sessions,tricks & more.We are very exited about this addition to the Ranch,parents & friends can relax under shady trees with icy fresh lemonade & enjoy the show.
Brooklyn, New York
18 attraction reviews
“A fantastic horseback riding experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

On my first trip to Costa Rica, I had went horseback riding with my family, so when we decided to go to Tamarindo this summer, we knew that we would want to go horseback riding again. I so badly wish that I brought my camera here (thank goodness my sisters brought theirs) because this was amazing and beautiful! My horse was named Chintote, and though I don't think she cared very much for me at first, by the end I had her eating out of the palm of my hand. Literally. I noticed she liked a certain type of grass, so when we got off our horses for a while at the top of the mountain, I gathered some and fed it to her. The view was amazing, the ride was fun, and the weather was perfect. This ride was made even more enjoyable because one of the horses had recently had a baby, and the adorable little guy came with us the whole way. What a trooper!

After the horseback ride, I was astounded by the food that had been prepared for us. It was a feast, and everything was delicious! We stayed for a long time, swapping stories with the owner, Alex, and eating the delicious food. It was by far the most food I ate on the whole trip, and my mouth is watering just thinking about it. If I could go back here again someday, I would do it in a heartbeat!

Visited August 2012
Tamarindo, Costa Rica
“Kids Cowboy Birthday Party”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

We had a fantastic Birthday Party for my son at Black Stallion Hills!
The area was perfect for a party.
We had around 35 kids, and they all enjoyed the horses and playing on the beautiful horse carriage. We had a wonderful BBQ meal, and the staff was fantastic. Thanks to everyone at Black Stallion!

Visited August 2012
Walnut Creek, California, United States
4 attraction reviews
“This is the best thing to do in Tamarindo!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

We were looking for something to do on tripadvisor and Black Stallion Hills came up as one of the top attractions in the area. Now I know why. I called Alex, the owner, in the morning and he was very personable and said he would pick us up that afternoon at our hotel. It was just our family (kids ages 18, 16, 13, 10) and we got the place to ourselves. The horseback ride was about 1.5 hours and was beautiful. We got to see a family of monkeys. When we got back we were a bit tired, dirty and hungry. Waiting for us was an amazing feast. They were barbecuing everything you can imagine. This was actually our best meal in Costa Rica. We relaxed, ate, drank wine and visited with Alex. He showed us the entire ranch and told his plans for the future. The kids got to drive in the back of his pick up truck on the way back to the hotel which was a treat since you can't do that in the states anymore. This was really one of the highlights of our trip to CR. I highly recommend it! Thank you Alex and your staff for a memorable evening

Visited July 2012
Surferchefcowboy, Manager at Black Stallion Hills Eco Park, responded to this review, August 16, 2012
Thank u very much for the review we look forward to seeing u soon.