Our first impression was not good. We were told we had a great room that we would really like. It was hot when we arrived and the bellboy that we paid for on our hotel bill escorted us down the elevator, to another building up the elevator and to a room which said suite on the outside. We were excited for the complementary upgrade. The room keys didn't work so he used his master key, only to find several girls sitting around in their bathrobes. So we went back down the elevator, past the pool up the elevator, to another building at the very end. We were sweating buckets at this point. Found the right room that did not have a good view but the keys worked. The air was not on in the room so it was a while before the room and we cooled down. Beautiful grounds and hotel, rooms nice, bed comfortable, towels great. Breakfast buffet was great but the line for omlets was always long. Dinner buffet was not worth the money. The beach was a disappointment because there were so many rocks. Didn't even get in the water. Glad we had a car to go to other areas to eat. If you don't have a car you are limited to eating at the resort which is very expensive. Would probably stay at a condo in Timarindo if we ever went back because food was cheaper and beach better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Live an authentic Costa Rican experience in a luxury hacienda style resort in Guanacaste, Costa Rica. This resort & spa sits oceanfront on a secluded stretch of coastline minutes from the Hacienda Pinilla Golf Course and Tamarindo village. The JW Marriott Guanacaste is surrounded by the splendors of Costa Rican rich biodiversity; with a choice of 5 beaches, adjacent to an equestrian center, tennis courts, and an 18-hole golf course with a coastal layout. Off-site activities like canopy tours, horseback riding, white water rafting, kayaking, and ATV tours can be arranged on site. You can also arrange tours to nearby locations such as Arenal Volcano, Rincon de la Vieja Volcano and National Park or Guachipelin thermal hot springs. Enjoy surf beaches with excellent year-round waves and warm water, visit turtle nesting beaches or observe a great variety of wildlife. The property features the largest infinity pool in Central America, outdoor hot tubs, a fully equipped fitness center, biking and jogging trails and a Kids Club with professional care. You can also relax in our spa, ranked one of the top five Spas in Latin America by Spa Magazine. This resort offers 5 restaurants and two bars. Among these options enjoy a romantic dinner right on the beach at Azul Grill our beach front restaurant or visit Tamarine where you can enjoy Asian fusion cuisine. Indulge yourself with a genuine Guanacastecan style meal at Sabanero Steakhouse or relax and admire a spectacular sunset at Nau Lounge and Bar, while you enjoy hand crafted cocktails and a variety of Sushi. All rooms have balconies with garden, pool or ocean views. In-room amenities include LCD TVs, sound proof windows, iPod docks and streaming speed Wi-Fi Internet access, blackout curtains, plush pillow-top mattresses and fine linens, rich woods, and marble bathtubs. The village of Tamarindo is just 5 miles away, where you will find restaurants, bars, and souvenirs in a "Pura Vida" laid back atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Marriott, BookIt.com, Tingo, Travelocity, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your JW Marriott Guanacaste Resort & Spa Costa Rica reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jw Marriott Guanacaste Resort & Spa Costa Rica Hotel Santa Cruz
- Jw Marriott Guanacaste Resort And Spa Costa Rica
- Jw Marriott Santa Cruz
- Marriott Santa Cruz