I stayed at this hotel for 8 nights feb 10 - 18 2013. 2 nights in a garden view room and 6 nights in an oceanfront suite. Our daughter joined us and I booked her a room for her self for one night. This room cost over 450 dollars and she was given a handicapp room with the shower in the toilet and people walking on a path two feet from her balcony. When I complained I was given all kinds of attitude by the staff. They did change her room but the new room was not cleaned properly. This time they tried to say she lied to them and it was clean.
This hotel is full of groups. We found it difficult to get a chair by the pool and even towels were in short supply at different times of day. The staff was taping off chairs with danger tape it would save for the business people even though they did't show up most of the day. I think all the guests should be treated egually. This was certainly not the case.
The resort is other wise lovely. J. Ko
- Also Known As:
- Jw Marriott Guanacaste Resort & Spa Costa Rica Hotel Santa Cruz
- Jw Marriott Guanacaste Resort And Spa Costa Rica
- Jw Marriott Guanacaste Resort & Spa Costa Rica Hotel
- Jw Marriott Santa Cruz
- Marriott Santa Cruz
- JW Marriott Guanacaste Resort & Spa Costa Rica
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Exclusive beachfront property, adjacent to a world class golf course, featuring the largest pool in Central America and one of the best Spas as rated by the Spa Magazine. At JW Marriott Guanacaste Resort & Spa you will discover traditional Costa Rican warmth with world class luxury. Fast being recognized as one of the most magnificent in Latin America, this resort is located on the country's northwestern pacific coast, just 5 Miles away from Tamarindo and with convenient International access thru Liberia International airport. We offer the comforts and luxuries in an environment that is richly and authentically Costa Rican, designed for a family vacation or a couple getaway. Our 310 guest rooms provide a private haven of luxurious comfort with rich woods and fine linens. The resort is peacefully surrounded by the splendors of Costa Rican nature; with a choice of 3 beaches, equestrian center, 18-hole golf course designed by Mike Young and world classes Spa…will surely make your stay one to remember. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Marriott, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Booking.com, Travelocity, Jetsetter, Venere, Olotels, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, HotelsClick and Tingo so you can book your JW Marriott Guanacaste Resort & Spa Costa Rica reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.