The JW is a very nice hotel - physically. It is well maintained, beautiful pool area, and nice clean rooms. Only downside is the beach which is pretty poor compared to Playa Avallanos just up the coast a few hundred feet.
The service on the other hand is lacking. During our stay we were delayed in checking in, didn't have our room cleaned one day, and had numerous incidents of not having the correct items brought to our room, or cleaned sufficiently.
The hotel looks like a JW, but is run worse than a courtyard.
I would also avoid eating at the restaurants at the hotel - overpriced (including a fee if you don't order wine/cocktails) and only average quality. There are a number of better places (Lola's for lunch, Deveena for dinner, Bamboo Sushi Club in Tamarindo) very close by.
- Also Known As:
- Jw Marriott Guanacaste Resort & Spa Costa Rica Hotel Santa Cruz
- Jw Marriott Guanacaste Resort & Spa Costa Rica Hotel
- Jw Marriott Guanacaste Resort And Spa Costa Rica
- Jw Marriott Santa Cruz
- Marriott Santa Cruz
- JW Marriott Guanacaste Resort & Spa Costa Rica
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Exclusive beachfront property, adjacent to a world class golf course, featuring the largest pool in Central America and one of the best Spas as rated by the Spa Magazine. At JW Marriott Guanacaste Resort & Spa you will discover traditional Costa Rican warmth with world class luxury. Fast being recognized as one of the most magnificent in Latin America, this resort is located on the country's northwestern pacific coast, just 5 Miles away from Tamarindo and with convenient International access thru Liberia International airport. We offer the comforts and luxuries in an environment that is richly and authentically Costa Rican, designed for a family vacation or a couple getaway. Our 310 guest rooms provide a private haven of luxurious comfort with rich woods and fine linens. The resort is peacefully surrounded by the splendors of Costa Rican nature; with a choice of 3 beaches, equestrian center, 18-hole golf course designed by Mike Young and world classes Spa…will surely make your stay one to remember. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Travelocity, Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Olotels, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Venere, HotelsClick, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your JW Marriott Guanacaste Resort & Spa Costa Rica reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.