We stayed 6 nights in an ocean view room that was really on the border of being an ocean view! Not worth the money! Secondly, we tried to upgrade to a suite which was 1300sq.ft. and they said they could not accommodate 2adults and 2 children in that suite, but they could accommodate us in a 500sq.ft. room. Don't understand that one!!! Very frustrating that they would not let us pay for the suite, when it was more then twice as large as the room we were staying in. For that reason alone, we will not be back to this resort! On top of this they were painting everyday outside our room all the way down the hall. The food was ok, but nothing to write home about. Very expensive like most of the reviews have said. The best food we had was in Tamarindo at an Argentine restaurant, also a restaurant that was at another hotel about 5 min. from the hotel in the same complex. The best restaurant we thought was the Sushi at the resort. The breakfast buffet was good, had a lot to choose from. Couldn't believe we had to pay $15 a day for internet, we are Marriott rewards and have never had to pay. Stayed at a Hilton Garden in the night before we flew out for $100 and we got free internet. The best beach is over at their beach club, so make sure you take advantage of the shuttle that goes over there. We spent a couple of days over there and the boogie boarding is much better and very nice pool and lunch. After staying here, we headed to Arenal and stayed at the Springs Resort and Spa, what an awesome place to stay! I think the Marriott needs to take some pointers from the owner of that resort. Had a wonderful 2 bd suite for not much more then we payed for a 1 bd. at the Marriott. The views were amazing and the amount of things they had for the kids was awesome. They also have a swim up pool bar where the drinks were cheaper then the Marriott. The service at the Springs Resort was top notch! Wish we would have stayed longer at that resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Live an authentic Costa Rican experience in a luxury hacienda style resort in Guanacaste, Costa Rica. This resort & spa sits oceanfront on a secluded stretch of coastline minutes from the Hacienda Pinilla Golf Course and Tamarindo village. The JW Marriott Guanacaste is surrounded by the splendors of Costa Rican rich biodiversity; with a choice of 5 beaches, adjacent to an equestrian center, tennis courts, and an 18-hole golf course with a coastal layout. Off-site activities like canopy tours, horseback riding, white water rafting, kayaking, and ATV tours can be arranged on site. You can also arrange tours to nearby locations such as Arenal Volcano, Rincon de la Vieja Volcano and National Park or Guachipelin thermal hot springs. Enjoy surf beaches with excellent year-round waves and warm water, visit turtle nesting beaches or observe a great variety of wildlife. The property features the largest infinity pool in Central America, outdoor hot tubs, a fully equipped fitness center, biking and jogging trails and a Kids Club with professional care. You can also relax in our spa, ranked one of the top five Spas in Latin America by Spa Magazine. This resort offers 5 restaurants and two bars. Among these options enjoy a romantic dinner right on the beach at Azul Grill our beach front restaurant or visit Tamarine where you can enjoy Asian fusion cuisine. Indulge yourself with a genuine Guanacastecan style meal at Sabanero Steakhouse or relax and admire a spectacular sunset at Nau Lounge and Bar, while you enjoy hand crafted cocktails and a variety of Sushi. All rooms have balconies with garden, pool or ocean views. In-room amenities include LCD TVs, sound proof windows, iPod docks and streaming speed Wi-Fi Internet access, blackout curtains, plush pillow-top mattresses and fine linens, rich woods, and marble bathtubs. The village of Tamarindo is just 5 miles away, where you will find restaurants, bars, and souvenirs in a "Pura Vida" laid back atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, BookIt.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Tingo, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your JW Marriott Guanacaste Resort & Spa Costa Rica reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jw Marriott Guanacaste Resort & Spa Costa Rica Hotel Santa Cruz
- Jw Marriott Guanacaste Resort And Spa Costa Rica
- Jw Marriott Santa Cruz
- Marriott Santa Cruz