We stayed 5 nights at the resort. The weather was perfect, and we were looking to just relax anyway. Reason I would not go back are.... We got an ocean front room, there was construction going on, on the roof, and since we were on the top floor we were enjoying our sunsets with construction noise and the workers. Wifi was not free, you can goto the bestwestern and its free i dont get that one. Food and drinks very expensive. 11$ for a rum and coke (not very strong either) or a glass of wine. Had food by the pool. My chicken sandwhich was cold very dried out and tasted like fish so we did not eat by the pool again. My husband had the burger he said it was ok but still very expensive. Dinner buffet similar to a buffet you get an 4 star all inclusive resort not very good and it was 28$ I don't mind paying that but it's got to be worth it. The mini bar was dirty in our room. We didn't have robes in our room. Our bathroom door would keep locking my husband had to use our key card to somehow unlock the door. The lobby bar played really loud club music, so we didn't get a chance to go there. Not much entertainment going on there.
The good.... Sunsets are beautiful, if you walked to your left there was a beautiful beach. Also after our gross over priced lunch by the pool the first day we would walk to Lola's for an amazing lunch and great drinks that aren't water down and half the price. It was about a 25 min walk. The beds are super comfortable. We enjoyed the room service food especially the chicken qusiedillas (sp?). The steak restaurant was excellent, pricey but it tasted great and the service was good. My husband and I both had the local steak. The Italian restaurant was tastey as well. The pool was nice but nothing special, Just long and swirly. Pool chairs were comfy. Breakfast buffet was really good too.
We also went to the springs resort and spa in arenal it was absolutely beautiful with top class service and the resort isn't a money grab, it's worth it to check them out.
- Also Known As:
- Jw Marriott Guanacaste Resort & Spa Costa Rica Hotel Santa Cruz
- Jw Marriott Guanacaste Resort & Spa Costa Rica Hotel
- Jw Marriott Guanacaste Resort And Spa Costa Rica
- Jw Marriott Santa Cruz
- Marriott Santa Cruz
- JW Marriott Guanacaste Resort & Spa Costa Rica
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Live a Costa Rican hacienda style resort experience, in a rustic luxury beach front property in Guanacaste, Costa Rica. This resort & Spa sits oceanfront on a secluded stretch of coastline near the Hacienda Pinilla Golf Course, south of Tamarindo. The property features the largest infinity pool in Central America, outdoor hot tubs, a fully equipped fitness center, biking and jogging trails, a Kids Club where children will be entertained with various activities while you relax in our Spa, ranked one of the top five Spas in Latin America by Spa Magazine. This Costa Rica resort offers 5 restaurants and two bars, enjoy a dinner right on the beach under the stars at Azul Grill, Asian Fusion cuisine in Tamarine, a genuine Guanacastecan style Steakhouse in Sabanero or relax at Nau Lounge and Bar while admiring a spectacular sunset. All rooms have balconies with garden, pool or ocean views. In-room amenities include LCD TVs with premium channels, soundproof windows, iPod docks and streaming speed Wi-Fi Internet access, blackout curtains, plush pillow-top mattresses, and fine linens, rich woods and marble bathtubs. The resort is surrounded by the splendors of Costa Rican nature; with a choice of 3 beaches, adjacent to an equestrian center, tennis courts, and an 18-hole golf course with a coastal layout designed by Mike Young, be sure to pause at the 15th hole overlooking the Pacific Ocean. Off-site activities like canopy tours, horseback riding and scuba diving can be arranged on site. The town of Tamarindo is just 5 miles away, where you will find restaurants, bars, and souvenirs in a "Pura Vida" laid back atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Jetsetter, Expedia, Marriott, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Orbitz, Tingo, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your JW Marriott Guanacaste Resort & Spa Costa Rica reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.