I travel a lot and am VERY picky. Many others on our Caravan tour thought this hotel was paradise. We had a good time, but there were some glitches (most of which were promptly addressed).
1. Our group of 42 arrived at 4:25 PM. The hotel computer had been down since around 11 AM, so the check-in guy was not sure all the rooms were ready. Our tour guide had to persuade him to let us to to our rooms to check them out.
2. The regular daily maintenance of our room had been done, but there was an omission. The room safe was missing. We called and within about 30 minutes they had located one. It took about another 15 minutes to get it installed.
3. The shower controls are strange. You only get hot water when the control is set in the middle. If you peg it one way, it is cold, but pushed to the other exteme it is only tepid while water from the sink or bathtub is scalding.
4. The heavy duvet on the bed would be more appropriate in a cold climate.
5. Our garden view room had a view of a fence, "scrub" plants, ad was far from the pool and restaurants.
6. There is no where in the room convenient to hand wet swimsuits.
7. We did not get a requested 5:45 AM wake-up call.
8. We stayed 2 nights, but the shampoo and conditioner were not replenished. When we asked for more, the maid pulled them out of what had been set aside for another room. -- Perhaps that is why ours were not replenished.
9. The toiletries are very nice and there are a lot of face clothes, but the first night there was no shower cap.
10. Others in our group loved the pool and spent the day in it. It is large with a well marked, very shallow children's area. The maximum depth is about 4 feet. There is a very nice "infinity" effect overlooking the ocean. Only one side of the pool (the south side -- on the left as your face the ocean) has steps. There are also shallow entry steps at the main lobby end. I was able enter from the north side by using one of the two bridges as a hand hold. The only shade of the pool comes from two narrow bridges.
11. Our room had two beds. My husband was convinced that the one he slept in was tilted.
12. There is a nice gym with a view of the garden. The attendant will bring youa headset and you can get English language programs on the TV.
13. We enjoyed watching sunset at the beach. The pelicans put on quite a show diving vertically into the shallow water.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Live an authentic Costa Rican experience in a luxury hacienda style resort in Guanacaste, Costa Rica. This resort & spa sits oceanfront on a secluded stretch of coastline minutes from the Hacienda Pinilla Golf Course and Tamarindo village. The JW Marriott Guanacaste is surrounded by the splendors of Costa Rican rich biodiversity; with a choice of 5 beaches, adjacent to an equestrian center, tennis courts, and an 18-hole golf course with a coastal layout. Off-site activities like canopy tours, horseback riding, white water rafting, kayaking, and ATV tours can be arranged on site. You can also arrange tours to nearby locations such as Arenal Volcano, Rincon de la Vieja Volcano and National Park or Guachipelin thermal hot springs. Enjoy surf beaches with excellent year-round waves and warm water, visit turtle nesting beaches or observe a great variety of wildlife. The property features the largest infinity pool in Central America, outdoor hot tubs, a fully equipped fitness center, biking and jogging trails and a Kids Club with professional care. You can also relax in our spa, ranked one of the top five Spas in Latin America by Spa Magazine. This resort offers 5 restaurants and two bars. Among these options enjoy a romantic dinner right on the beach at Azul Grill our beach front restaurant or visit Tamarine where you can enjoy Asian fusion cuisine. Indulge yourself with a genuine Guanacastecan style meal at Sabanero Steakhouse or relax and admire a spectacular sunset at Nau Lounge and Bar, while you enjoy hand crafted cocktails and a variety of Sushi. All rooms have balconies with garden, pool or ocean views. In-room amenities include LCD TVs, sound proof windows, iPod docks and streaming speed Wi-Fi Internet access, blackout curtains, plush pillow-top mattresses and fine linens, rich woods, and marble bathtubs. The village of Tamarindo is just 5 miles away, where you will find restaurants, bars, and souvenirs in a "Pura Vida" laid back atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Marriott, BookIt.com, Tingo, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, Priceline and Venere so you can book your JW Marriott Guanacaste Resort & Spa Costa Rica reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jw Marriott Guanacaste Resort & Spa Costa Rica Hotel Santa Cruz
- Jw Marriott Guanacaste Resort And Spa Costa Rica
- Jw Marriott Santa Cruz
- Marriott Santa Cruz