The staff makes this sprawling ocean front resort the perfect spot to relax! The staff- Vladamir, Christian, Adolfo, Everio, Anthony, Antonio , Karla all made sure everything was not just great, but perfect! From our beach experience, to every restaurant, they made sure we were well taken care! The staff remembered us, by name from our prior visit & Vladamir even had a Christmas present for me! That is amazing & wonderful to experience- so far from home!
The only negative thing I can say about our stay, were the other U.S. guests. Sorry, but my entire family found them to be exceedingly rude, condescending and lacking any desire to TRY to speak in spanish or show any kindness. I have NEVER experienced such gracious, kind staff members and to hear the way they were treated by the EXCEPTIONALLY rude Americans was embarrassing and heart breaking. Even my teenager was horrified. Not only did the staff deal with these awful guests with smiles on their faces, they treated them warmly, in return.
The food is great, healthy and the resort offers many choices- especially for kids. Even the Four Seasons does not offer such choices. Fish, grilled chicken, fresh veggies and fruit with each meal is a major plus. If you are looking for a holiday filled with fried kid food and huge plates of fries- stay in the US. You can get that here, but why? The Azul grill has the best lunch. We loved the lettuce wraps, and the grilled fish for kids.
We will be going back to this resort & if anyone has anything negative to say about this place they either never travel out of the US, or are never pleased unless something is free. I actually heard a diner flip out because the rolls were not warmed?! Really? By the looks of it, his favorite restaurant is subway. The other East Coasters that were there taught my daughter first hand how ugly Americans can appear when having toddler- like fits over things that are beyond anyone's control. Like blowing sand.
No, you are not in the states & yes, you should TRY speaking spanish out of RESPECT. Yes, you should tip the staff in CASH! They work 12 hour days, spend on average 2 hours getting to work & on their one day off per week most of them attend college. The tips that you put on the bill get split amongst ALL of the staff and they don't get it for weeks. Your kindness goes a very long way in this country & Costa Ricans are the nicest people I have ever met. If you don't love it here, you are a tightly wound traveller that should go to somewhere that has tacky T- shirt shops, cheap greasy pizza and a sports bar.
I would rate this hotel higher than the Four Seasons in Maui, or Lanai.
- Also Known As:
- Jw Marriott Guanacaste Resort & Spa Costa Rica Hotel Santa Cruz
- Jw Marriott Guanacaste Resort & Spa Costa Rica Hotel
- Jw Marriott Guanacaste Resort And Spa Costa Rica
- Jw Marriott Santa Cruz
- Marriott Santa Cruz
- JW Marriott Guanacaste Resort & Spa Costa Rica
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Live a Costa Rican hacienda style resort experience, in a rustic luxury beach front property in Guanacaste, Costa Rica. This resort & Spa sits oceanfront on a secluded stretch of coastline near the Hacienda Pinilla Golf Course, south of Tamarindo. The property features the largest infinity pool in Central America, outdoor hot tubs, a fully equipped fitness center, biking and jogging trails, a Kids Club where children will be entertained with various activities while you relax in our Spa, ranked one of the top five Spas in Latin America by Spa Magazine. This Costa Rica resort offers 5 restaurants and two bars, enjoy a dinner right on the beach under the stars at Azul Grill, Asian Fusion cuisine in Tamarine, a genuine Guanacastecan style Steakhouse in Sabanero or relax at Nau Lounge and Bar while admiring a spectacular sunset. All rooms have balconies with garden, pool or ocean views. In-room amenities include LCD TVs with premium channels, soundproof windows, iPod docks and streaming speed Wi-Fi Internet access, blackout curtains, plush pillow-top mattresses, and fine linens, rich woods and marble bathtubs. The resort is surrounded by the splendors of Costa Rican nature; with a choice of 3 beaches, adjacent to an equestrian center, tennis courts, and an 18-hole golf course with a coastal layout designed by Mike Young, be sure to pause at the 15th hole overlooking the Pacific Ocean. Off-site activities like canopy tours, horseback riding and scuba diving can be arranged on site. The town of Tamarindo is just 5 miles away, where you will find restaurants, bars, and souvenirs in a "Pura Vida" laid back atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Marriott, BookIt.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Tingo, getaroom.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda, Otel and Jetsetter so you can book your JW Marriott Guanacaste Resort & Spa Costa Rica reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.