Our family usually stays at Four Seasons resorts for leisure trips about 4 times per year. I was completely surprised at the cleanliness of the rooms, the many restaurants and the overall relaxing feel of the resort. My daughter and I stayed for 10 days and ventured out on many mornings to do zip lining, boat tours and a hike, but found the resort to be the highlight. One word of caution to US travelers- The staff work long days, commute about 1-2 per day & are lucky if they see $200 in tips at the end of the month. If you are on a tour and your tour company said they have tipped them- they DO NOT TIP THE STAFF, be kind!! So, If you really love the service of an employee, put cash in an envelope with their name & yours. That beach waiter you see running all day in the sand, will show up working at a restaurant at night. There were several employees that really made us feel special. We are foodies and have dined at the top 10 restaurants within the past two year..the food portions were absurdly large & quite good. Some better than others, but nothing was bad. My daughter is the pickiest eater & this was the best I have ever seen her eat. America could learn something from their kids menus- grilled fish, veggies, rice, a fruit smoothie for $11 was astonishing.
The rooms were very clean comfortable with great ocean views and patios. Better than The rooms at the Four Season's Lanaii. The beach was very pretty ( yes, the sand is darker) but a blast to play in with great waves at high tide. It was the happiest place I have ever travelled too- everyone was smiling, kind. I did not know what to expect about safety & feel very safe, and well taken care of- everywhere, even on our tours/day trips. It was QUITE relaxing and I cherished that aspect, as many resorts seem to buzz with activity of the annoying sort.
We will be going back, hopefully at Christmas break.
BTW the comment about five star service- yes, they are not as "hyper" about asking you if you want a drink every five minutes because that is THEIR way of life. Slow down & enjoy things. The US travelers, who are less experienced at travel abroad need to expect you are an american, but you are in THEIR country, and sorry, not everyone wants to be just like us. I leave today for Hawaii for 8 days at the Four Seasons in Kona- yes it is five star service, I also am spending 3(975 for an ocean view deluxe room vs. my 320 in CR) as much on the room & a family of 3 can expect each meal to be around $160- without drinks.
Excellent trip, hotel staff, location.
- Also Known As:
- Jw Marriott Guanacaste Resort & Spa Costa Rica Hotel Santa Cruz
- Jw Marriott Guanacaste Resort & Spa Costa Rica Hotel
- Jw Marriott Guanacaste Resort And Spa Costa Rica
- Jw Marriott Santa Cruz
- Marriott Santa Cruz
- JW Marriott Guanacaste Resort & Spa Costa Rica
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Live a Costa Rican hacienda style resort experience, in a rustic luxury beach front property in Guanacaste, Costa Rica. This resort & Spa sits oceanfront on a secluded stretch of coastline near the Hacienda Pinilla Golf Course, south of Tamarindo. The property features the largest infinity pool in Central America, outdoor hot tubs, a fully equipped fitness center, biking and jogging trails, a Kids Club where children will be entertained with various activities while you relax in our Spa, ranked one of the top five Spas in Latin America by Spa Magazine. This Costa Rica resort offers 5 restaurants and two bars, enjoy a dinner right on the beach under the stars at Azul Grill, Asian Fusion cuisine in Tamarine, a genuine Guanacastecan style Steakhouse in Sabanero or relax at Nau Lounge and Bar while admiring a spectacular sunset. All rooms have balconies with garden, pool or ocean views. In-room amenities include LCD TVs with premium channels, soundproof windows, iPod docks and streaming speed Wi-Fi Internet access, blackout curtains, plush pillow-top mattresses, and fine linens, rich woods and marble bathtubs. The resort is surrounded by the splendors of Costa Rican nature; with a choice of 3 beaches, adjacent to an equestrian center, tennis courts, and an 18-hole golf course with a coastal layout designed by Mike Young, be sure to pause at the 15th hole overlooking the Pacific Ocean. Off-site activities like canopy tours, horseback riding and scuba diving can be arranged on site. The town of Tamarindo is just 5 miles away, where you will find restaurants, bars, and souvenirs in a "Pura Vida" laid back atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Jetsetter, Expedia, Marriott, Orbitz, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Tingo, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your JW Marriott Guanacaste Resort & Spa Costa Rica reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.