If you want a quiet tropical nature resort this is it ! The pool and grounds are beautiful,you have a large open room with a kitchen on one side, bathroom on other with large step down shower. The bed, kitchen ,and bath is elevated one step, so you can lay in bed and look out to the water.Great deck porches.
They have fresh fruit, coffee,cereal, yogurt and wonderful toast breakfast included. I miss it ! Food prices are reasonable, fish is especially good. There is no night life but they do have a small bar by the pool.There are a few places you can walk to in the evening Costa Coral,a beautiful resturant/ hotel ,but pricey, then a small local soda , had good fish cosada dinner there.There is a small grocery store very close,but no rows of gift stores here.
We didn't have a car,so took the local bus to Curu' and Montezuma [shops here] for $2 each way compared to $25-35 by taxi, but be prepared to wait some are on time or up to 30 min late.We really enjoyed the local bus. The office will help you with tours and transportation.
The beach is dark sand, you can walk about 2 miles easily, [ pass the Barcelo ] with low tide. We took a kayak trip up the river with Bruce , saw monkey, lots of birds and huge spiders on a log, good fun.
Only thing I'd change is to have a king size bed.Some units have air conditioning, we had ceiling fans and a stand fan and were comfortable. We really enjoyed our stay at Tambor Tropical.
- Also Known As:
- Tambor Tropical Beach Hotel
- Tambor Tropical Beach Hotel Playa Tambor
- Tambor Tropical Playa
- Tambor Tropical Hotel Playa
- Tambor Tropical Beach Resort Costa Rica/Playa Tambor
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tambor Tropical is an intimate boutique hotel on the Pacific Ocean that offers guests a private and luxurious vacation in the less traveled Playa Tambor on Costa Rica's beautiful Nicoya Peninsula. Relax in the comfort of one of our 12 spacious beachfront suites, swim in our gorgeous mosaic-tiled pool, indulge in massage treatments, enjoy the cuisine of our full-service restaurant, and explore the nearby jungle via many guided adventures. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Venere, EasyToBook and Tingo so you can book your Tambor Tropical Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.