“Very clean modern hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel Giada
Main street, Playa Samara, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #8 of 15 Hotels in Playa Samara
Newberg, Oregon
“Very clean modern hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

I spent only one night. The room was small any yet very nicely equipped. There were two small pools. The restaurant was downstairs and the food was good although my waiter was a bit snobby and he brought me ravioli instead of the fettuccine I ordered. My biggest complaint is when I checked out the guy at reception was on the phone for a long time before I could give him my key and then he addressed me as "señor" instead of "señora" it just set my day off to a sad start.

• Stayed January 2013
hotelgiada, Owner at Hotel Giada, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Thank you for your comments on Trip Advisor. We was glad to have you as a guest here at Hotel Giada. We are sorry for the mistake in the restaurant and I will speak with them so they can be more careful when they take a order. With the gentelman at the front desk I did speak with him, yes he was on the telephone for a reservation and some call take longer than other, he inform me he look up quick to see the number of your room in order to check you out since you been waiting a few minutes and yes he did make a mistake and called you senor and he did say that he was sorry for the error and did correct the error and called you senora. Thank you for staying at Hotel Giada and we hope you will return to Hotel Giada as well as Costa Rica.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Greek first
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

I am surprised that this restaurant does not get a higher rating. While there may be some issues that the hotel is working on, the restaurant is run very well, the food is consistently good, and we have had some great meals there. In particular, we enjoyed the Penne Pura Vida - perfectly cooked, attractive, great flavour. Will definitely order it again and will recommend it to our friends.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
hotelgiada, Manager at Hotel Giada, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Thank you for your comment on Trip Advisor. We are glad that you enjoyed the restuarant and are looking forward to your return to the restuarant.
Reading, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Giada for a week at the end of our honeymoon, what a great place to relax and unwind reflecting on our four weeks in Costa Rica!! The room was great with a balcony overlooking the main pool, the staff were all super friendly and sorted any questions or issues instantly and the integral restaurant served really tasty food. The hotel is just a few minutes walk to the beach and is located at the top of the high street with easy access to banks, shops and restaurants. With the two cool pools which get both sun and shade all day and the beach down the road you are spoilt for choice. I would highly recommend this hotel in Samara.

• Stayed January 2013
hotelgiada, Manager at Hotel Giada, responded to this review, January 12, 2013
Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor. We are glad that you enjoyed your Honeymoon and the hotel and the restaurant. We hope you will be back to Costa Rica and return to Hotel Giada for a Anniversary. We wish you a great many years of happiness.
scandicci
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

WE had a really great time in this corner of world .
Hotel is a little magic paradise of relax and quite and restaurant is really good with italian quality.
Thx to the staff and MR giorgio. really appreciate his suggestion for the trip and activity around.

Room Tip: just have fun
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
hotelgiada, Manager at Hotel Giada, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Thank you for your comments on Trip Advisor. We was glad to have you at Hotel Giada and that you enjoyed the hotel and restaurant. We hope you will be back to Costa Rica as well as Hotel Giada.
San Jose, Costa Rica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

I spent quite a nice night in Giada Restaurant with my family. We were 4 adults and 1 kid and we all ordered different flavors of pizza (personal size). They all tasted delicious, and even the kid almost finished all her pizza. I personally recommend Pirata pizza!
Next time I go to Samara beach I can't miss eating at Giada Restaurant.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
hotelgiada, Manager at Hotel Giada, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor. We are glad that you enjoyed the restaurant and the meals here. We hope you will be back to Costa Rica as well as the restaurant and Hotel Giada.
Bridgewater MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

When I first arrived I thought how charming. Then once I checked in I was furious. It seemed like charging for a towel and no internet access were absolutely petty charges. Then I did not have hot water. I felt like changing hotels immediately. I don't appreciate being nickeled and dimed. That being said once the hot water issue got corrected (the next day) it was an extremely central location to Samara beach. The restuarant was excellent and I would reccomend dining there to anyone staying in Samara Beach. The staff is very nice and kind. I found out about their policy on charging for towels was to encourage people to be environmentally friendly. While I don't completely think that this is the entire reason, at least it is a reason that I can get onboard with perhaps charge a dollar more per room and include one beach towel per stay. There was one pool that was fairly small. Another pool was more like a water feature than a pool and is adjacent to the bar. If I was going back to Samara I would most likely stay there again. So after a rocky start it won me over and I can't reccomend the resturant enough.

Room Tip: I was located on the second floor right next to bar. I imagine that could get a little noisy if you...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
hotelgiada, Manager at Hotel Giada, responded to this review, January 5, 2013
Thank you for your comments on Trip Advisor. Due to we are involve in the program CST with the hotel having 4 sheets out of 5 sheet is the reason for the sur charge on the beach towel when we started the charge, the towels uses drop by 80% in the first week. We are sorry for the hot water if this was reported before 5pm then it should of been taking care of on the same day however if it was after 5pm then it would be the next morning due to the maintenance leave at 5pm. We are glad that you enjoyed the restuarant and that you enjoyed the hotel as well. We hope you and your family had a happy Holidays and hope you will return to Costa Rica as well as Hotel Giada.
Sacramento
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

This hotel was small, but perfect! Very very close walk to the beach, right on the main street in town and close to shops/restaurants. The room is nothing special but comfy bed, balcony and all we needed. The room was clean, the staff was very friendly and welcoming when we arrived. There are 2 pretty small pools but with a beach so beautiful just steps away I would not recommend hanging out at the pools.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
hotelgiada, Manager at Hotel Giada, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Thank you for your comment on Trip Advisor. We was glad to have you here at Hotel Giada and that you enjoyed the hotel. We hope you come back to Costa Rica as well as Hotel Giada. We would like to wish you and your family a very Happy Holidays.