“Delicious Fresh and Beautiful” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Kingston, Canada
“Delicious Fresh and Beautiful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Started with steamed pork dumplings and spring rolls...very delicious and fresh. Appetizers come with a small salad which was also very fresh colourful and tasty. Our main courses were green curry chicken and masalas with beef. Both dishes were perfectly prepared, presented and tasted wonderful. The main courses come with another small salad which is not necessary. The portions were large, more than we could finish. The staff were very nice and service was excellent. We did not experience the lengthy waits others complained about. My wife and I each had time for a beer and to take in the ambiance before our food came. Excellent value, we had 3 beer, 2 large appetizers and 2 large main courses total was approximately $50. Thank you Kaibella!

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Oregon, USA
“Great food, loooong wait, hot room”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

While the food at KaiBella is delicious, the room was VERY hot and it took our party of 6 people 2 hours from start to finish. We had to wait a very long time to receive our drinks and then a very long time to receive our meals. I was served first, then about 8 minutes later my DIL was served, then about 7 minutes later... you get the idea. The 2 children, ages 2.5 and 5.5, were served last, which was about 1 hour and 45 minutes after we arrived. We were not happy. About 45 minutes after we were seated another customer came in (perhaps a regular?) and was served and finished his meal before our first plate arrived. We were not happy. This is a shame as the food was excellent including the appetizers, but we were all so disgusted by the time our meals arrived that we couldn't enjoy them. We ended up taking the kids' meals home in a box as they were tired and cranky by the time their food came.

Visited February 2013
Belle R, Owner at KaiBella, responded to this review, March 2, 2013
Thank you for coming to my restaurant while you were visiting Samara. I'm very sorry you left the restaurant disappointed with your experience.

My staff & I take great care to ensure that each dish is fresh & delicious and beautifully presented before leaving our kitchen. Every plate is made to order and some dishes take more time to prepare. We were extremely busy that night with large tables ordering at the same time along with other guests waiting at the bar with orders and take away meals.

Your dining experience was unique in that you declined to order your children's meal at the time you ordered your dinner and instead chose to place the order after you all had completely finished your meals. The server informed you at that time that it would take some time for the order to which you agreed. By that time there were several tables ahead of the order and we could not be expected to prepare an intricate dish not on the menu, in a timely matter ahead of other guests who were also waiting for their meals. We did our best to complete the special order and for that the wait time may have been extraordinary.

Samara is very hot this time of the year and we have ceiling fans, one which was situated above your table along with the fan control which was easily accessible on the adjacent wall. The server would of been happy to assist you had she known you were uneasy with the surrounding temperature of the restaurant.

Thank you for your review, we always welcome feedback as it is my goal to see that everyone has an excellent experience.
Winnipeg, Canada
“Not worth the wait”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

Everywhere else we ate in Samara had our food out so promptly it was hard waiting over an hour for both our appetizer and main courses. Once we got our food the portion although very generous in greenery and decor, I felt was bland and unexciting. If you're used to really amazing Thai food steer clear or at least don't come here expecting it to compare to authentic Thai food.

Visited February 2013
Belle R, Owner at KaiBella, responded to this review, March 2, 2013
Thank you for coming to my restaurant while you were visiting Samara. I'm so sorry you left the restaurant disappointed with your experience.

My goal is not to present authentic Thai food, as my restaurant is an eclectic mix of Thai, Asian & Caribbean dishes. I've had a great many repeat customers, locals & tourists alike who appreciate my creative fusion & my staff and I take great care to prepare fresh & delicious dishes for all our guests on a very consistent basis.
Thai food is always prepared using an abundant array of aromatic herbs & spices and some dishes take time to assemble. For a dish to be bland and unexciting would not be characteristic in any Thai restaurant nor in my restaurant as we prepare all our dishes to taste according to the spice level which is personally selected by the guest.

We always welcome feedback and it is my goal to see that everyone's experience is exceptional.
“Fresh and fantastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013 via mobile

The Chinese is OK but the Thai is UNREAL.

Our favorite are the tofu bites. Just get them, the sauce alone is worth it.

Like everyone else says, be prepared to wait a little for made to order food and enjoy!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Prince Albert, Canada
“Great meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

We had been told about this place from a few locals who recommended it. We had a mixed plate appetizer, curry dish and a pad Thai which were all good. Nice to be able to choose which level of heat in the spices. Staff were friendly and helpful. Check ahead if you have your heart set on a certain night since it is not open every night.

• Visited January 2013