“Best place to book tours and ask questions!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Think of us as your one-stop shopping for the perfect Samara Beach vacation. Why piece the different elements together yourself when we can do the work for you. We know every place in town and can match you and your family with the best hotel, tour, or transportation service. We are direct operators of Kayak, snorkeling, and bike trips as well as day visits to national parks.
Torrance, California
“Best place to book tours and ask questions!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2011

I was in Samara and found skynet tours because i was using their internet one day. They set me up with ever tour you can imagine around CR. It was the best prices i found and they also had the best guides. I did stand up paddling in Carrillo which was awesome and I also went on the Palo verde Tour. We saw tons of wildlife and it was all beautiful. They can answer pretty much any question you have while you are traveling. David, Lesdy and the rest of the staff are so helpful and sweet. I would go talk to them whenever I needed advice on where to go or when i felt like doing a tour or taking the bus or private shuttle somewhere. There isn't a better place in town to go to, in my opinion ;-) Thanks for all the help!

Visited June 2011

Los Alamos NM
“Skynet Tours in Playa Samara will make your tropical vacation dream a reality!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2011

I would like to give my strong endorsement and recommendation for use of the excellent and diversified travel and tour services of the Samara Beach Travel Center and its Skynet Tours business. I have personally used the transportation, tour and hotel booking services provided by owner David Ortega and his excellent staff on many occasions over the last seven years, most recently last December. Whenever I visit my home in Playa Carrillo, I always have his very cheerful and reliable driver Alex pick me and my traveling companions up at the Liberia airport and deliver us back at the end of our vacation stay. Alex is always waiting for us with a friendly smile and helpful hand when we exit the airport arrivals hall and takes us first to a nearby open air native restaurant for our arrival meal before continuing the journey to the Samara area. We frequently have booked day trips or multi-day excursions to the Arenal Volcano, the Monteverde Cloud Forest, the Palo Verde National Wildlife Refuge or other venues through Skynet Tours and always greatly enjoy the excellent driving and guide service provided by Alex. David Ortega has also arranged for many of our local boating, fishing and sports activities as well as well as river rafting and zipline excursions elsewhere in Costa Rica. His English skills are excellent and his service is always professional and efficient. Whenever some remote booking or logistic assistance has been needed on short notice, David is always available immediately by cell phone or email on a 24/7 basis to assist. I always recommend Samara Beach Travel Center and Skynet Tours to my guests who vacation at my home in Playa Carrillo and they frequently let me know how much they too appreciate the excellent service provided by David Ortega and his outstanding team.
Dave Foster, Los Alamos NM and “Casa Pericos” in Playa Carrillo CR

Visited December 2010
Playa Samara, Costa Rica
“Hire a van with a designated driver”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2011

What a great experience! We had friends come to visit & decided to hire a van for the week. Alex, our driver, was wonderful & completely charming. He drove the 10 of us everywhere from Samara to Liberia and would have taken us anywhere else we wanted to go. He was our tour guide, our chauffer, our "gofer". Having Alex and the van meant that no one was driving at night on unfamiliar dark roads, and we were all free to have our cocktails with dinner. All of us agreed that this was one of the highlights of our vacation. Thank you for a wonderful service!

Visited July 2010