“excellent down home food” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hideaway Hotel

Hideaway Hotel
on the road from Samara to Carrillo | 150 meters from the ICE Tower, Playa Samara, Costa Rica
Website
Update restaurant details
Ranked #13 of 47 restaurants in Playa Samara
Cuisines: Costa Rican
Description: I want to review the restaurant, not the hotel (lodging).
Description: I want to review the restaurant, not the hotel (lodging).
Almonte, Canada
“excellent down home food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2012

food very tastey and nicely presented. Basic hamburger was delicious and and homemade icecream was excellent.

• Visited February 2012

88% Recommend
Chico, California
“Great Micro beer and home made Ice cream!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2012

We did not stay here but we did go just for the beer and Ice cream! But....while we were there we checked out the hotel and talked to some of the guests staying there... I was craving some good dark beer and my kids are suckers for Ice cream. I went to every store in Samara for a good dark beer and they only carry one kind and most of the time its out of stock! A friend told me about Hideaway hotels micro brew they carried and I was on a mission. My kids were so excited about the homemade icecream... We walked there...on the beach from the center of town. It took us about 15 mins. It was worth it! The hotel grounds are beautiful! .There is a nice pool, and lounge area conveniently located next to the bar. The honeymooners next to us could not stop talking about how nice their room was with the granite and so on. The owners came to our table and greated us and made us feel very welcomed. My kids loved the ice cream ! Oh and the beer was awsome!

Visited January 2012
Winnipeg, Canada
“the name says it all”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2012

the Hideaway Hotel is beautful and what a place to stay while you,re visiting Samara. the beach is a few minutes away and Doug and Rosie who own the hotel are amazing

Visited December 2011
New York City, New York
“Make room for dessert.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2011 via mobile

The food was absolutely delicious. No one in my family was disappointed by their meals. After dinner, we had the homemade ice cream. It was the best ice cream I've ever had. The brownies were phenomenal too :)

La Fortuna de San Carlos, Costa Rica
“Great delicious food, drinks & homemade items!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2011

We stayed at Hideaway Hotel and were so happy that we also seemed to be staying at one of the best restaurants as well! Not only are the grounds beautiful but the staff and owner are so nice, accommodating & truly make you feel welcome. We ate all kinds of different items from the menu including: Mango margaritas, guacamole, burgers (amazing), pastas, etc. There is nothing that I wouldn't order again...it was that good. And of course the homemade ice cream was the finishing touch! They had banana splits and a brownie topped with 3 scoops of ice cream so you could try one of each. The ice cream flavors we tried were mint chocolate chip (my favorite), cinnamon chocolate chip and cookies & cream. Everything was great and we ate almost every meal here! If you're in this area or going to go from Samara over to Playa Carrillo or La Selva Wildlife Refuge, stop in for a drink and/or some food! :-)

• Visited August 2011