“Simply Wonderful.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Samara Palm Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Playa Samara
Samara Palm Lodge
Save Saved
You added Samara Palm Lodge to your Saves list
250 mts del Banco Nacional oeste, Playa Samara 50205, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #1 of 25 Playa Samara B&B and Inns
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Simply Wonderful.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

I stayed at Samara Palm Lodge over the Christmas Period. I made my reservation on the strength of the reviews on trip advisor but to be honest I was skeptical given that the room rates are so reasonable. The Samara Palm Lodge certainly lived up to my hopes. The rooms are very modern, clean and comfortable and the communal areas are lovely.

The owners are very friendly and professional and clearly go out of their way to ensure that their guests feel like they are staying in a home away from home.

Samara is a compact place with a laid back atmosphere so everything was in easy walking distance.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

Samara Palm Lodge was a wonderful place to stay in Samara. From the beginning, the owners were quick in responding to emails and questions. We felt very welcome and comfortable and truly felt like guests. I had mentioned to the owner when making my reservation (several months prior to the trip) we were there on our honeymoon and they remembered! I know they decorate every bed with flowers and shells for every guest, but I think we got extra special decorations! Also, the owner's daughter asked us if we were the couple on their honeymoon. Very sweet to remember and it added a lot to our stay! The pool was fantastic and very clean. The rooms were very nice and the grounds felt private and safe. One thing I was SLIGHTLY disapointed in the very first day(but quickly got over) was the location and the proximity to the beach. It was a little farther away from the beach then we had stayed before and the road you have to walk is busy with traffic. I would say it took us about 10-15 minutes to walk to the beach. But, after staying at Samara Palm Lodge and experiencing the hospitality and friendliness, it really doesn't make a big difference. I won't stay anywhere else during future (hopeful) trips to Samara!

Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

This place is just perfect! I felt like I am in paradise! Bri and Lothar are very friendly. At the check in I have received a map of the local area with recommendations what to do and where to go to eat! The room is very clean and and the attention to detail is amazing. The bed is very comfortable and I slept like a baby. Pool and lounge are very cozy and I loved the hammocks. Breakfast was very delicious, especially the fresh fruit! The "Honesty bar" is a great idea! Drinks were always available and cold! The place is just great, I liked everything the best.... there is nothing I liked least! I will be back for sure!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

Close walk to town, beach, but not on either so there's not a ton of traffic outside. Grocery store and a great German café are within a 3 minute walk too. Owners are friendly and the rooms and grounds are clean and perfect. When relaxing in he gardens by the small pool we can hear the howler monkeys across the road. Private off-road parking too. We really enjoyed our stay. Breakfast is extra but available.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

This is a wonderful gem of a hotel in the lovely town of Samara.
Although it was my first time in Costa Rica and I was travelling on my own, I immediately felt at ease in the tranquil surroundings of the Palm Lodge. Brigitte and Lothar are very welcoming and have plenty of information on things to do in Samara.
The rooms are spotless and are cleaned thoroughly every day. It is easy to get talking to other people in the shared lounge area and the breakfast is highly recommended.
I spent all 10 days of my time in Costa Rica here and was sad to leave. I'd definitely recommend this fantastic hotel to anyone passing through this area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013 via mobile

My girlfriend and I recently stayed at Samara Palm Lodge and I must say we were not disappointed. From my first email to inquire about reservations to the moment we departed, the hosts, Lothar and Brigitte, were very prompt, friendly and accommodating. Check in was a breeze with Brigitte providing us with a map of the local area and giving us recommendations about where to eat. Our room, #1, was cozy clean and spacious. The bed was comfortable and the beer in the honor bar was cold! The pool was clean and refreshing. There is a great common area as well as hammocks to lounge in. We loved our stay and had a hard time leaving. We will be back for sure.

Saskatoon, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

We really enjoyed our week at Samara Palm Lodge. I must say it is one of the nicest boutique hotels we have come across. The attention to detail is amazing. The rooms and pool area are so nice. We had beautiful weather in Samara and it was so relaxing around the deck and pool (which was very refreshing on a hot day)! The computer available to guests was appreciated. The breakfast was delicious and the honesty bar provided cold drinks. The owners were very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great, however we really liked the ground level rooms that open up to the pool.