“Perfect little oasis” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Samara Palm Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Playa Samara
Samara Palm Lodge
You added Samara Palm Lodge to your Saves list
250 mts del Banco Nacional oeste, Playa Samara 50205, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #1 of 25 Playa Samara B&B and Inns
Toronto
“Perfect little oasis”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

Close walk to town, beach, but not on either so there's not a ton of traffic outside. Grocery store and a great German café are within a 3 minute walk too. Owners are friendly and the rooms and grounds are clean and perfect. When relaxing in he gardens by the small pool we can hear the howler monkeys across the road. Private off-road parking too. We really enjoyed our stay. Breakfast is extra but available.

• Stayed February 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

This is a wonderful gem of a hotel in the lovely town of Samara.
Although it was my first time in Costa Rica and I was travelling on my own, I immediately felt at ease in the tranquil surroundings of the Palm Lodge. Brigitte and Lothar are very welcoming and have plenty of information on things to do in Samara.
The rooms are spotless and are cleaned thoroughly every day. It is easy to get talking to other people in the shared lounge area and the breakfast is highly recommended.
I spent all 10 days of my time in Costa Rica here and was sad to leave. I'd definitely recommend this fantastic hotel to anyone passing through this area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013 via mobile

My girlfriend and I recently stayed at Samara Palm Lodge and I must say we were not disappointed. From my first email to inquire about reservations to the moment we departed, the hosts, Lothar and Brigitte, were very prompt, friendly and accommodating. Check in was a breeze with Brigitte providing us with a map of the local area and giving us recommendations about where to eat. Our room, #1, was cozy clean and spacious. The bed was comfortable and the beer in the honor bar was cold! The pool was clean and refreshing. There is a great common area as well as hammocks to lounge in. We loved our stay and had a hard time leaving. We will be back for sure.

• Stayed February 2013
Saskatoon, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

We really enjoyed our week at Samara Palm Lodge. I must say it is one of the nicest boutique hotels we have come across. The attention to detail is amazing. The rooms and pool area are so nice. We had beautiful weather in Samara and it was so relaxing around the deck and pool (which was very refreshing on a hot day)! The computer available to guests was appreciated. The breakfast was delicious and the honesty bar provided cold drinks. The owners were very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great, however we really liked the ground level rooms that open up to the pool.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

My Husband and I first came across this little gem of a hotel two years ago. Having had a great experience last time, we decided to stay again this February. I'm happy to say that again we weren't disappointed. This hotel is located a short 5 minute walk from Samara beach. The location is perfect as it's close to the beach/town center, yet away from the noise and bustle when you want to just relax and get away from it all. The pool here is very clean and there are plenty of lounge chairs, hammocks, and a covered sitting area when you need to retreat from the Sun. The rooms are very clean and have a comfortable king size bed to sleep in. Local woods and a nature inspired decor compliment the rooms and the hotel itself. The hosts (Lothar and Brigitte) are very friendly and extremely accomodating. They had all sorts of suggestions for where to eat, what to do, etc. They even went so far as to book our next hotel for us when we were leaving Samara for Nosara. There is no doubt we will be staying here again on our next trip down.
Wendy & Kevin Jones

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Samarapalmlodge, Owner at Samara Palm Lodge, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Dear Wendy & Kevin

thank´s for your lovely review on tripadvisor! It was our pleasure to meet you again & we hope to welcome you both´s next year again !! Take care and all the best to you both´s !
saludos de pura vida
Brigitte y Lothar
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

We spent eight nights at Samara Palm Lodge and quickly learned the reviews (including my own) simply do not do this lovely bed and breakfast justice. Brigitte and Lothar were incredibly welcoming and knowledgeable; the grounds and rooms are immaculate. The location was fantastic, as well - a great (short!) walk to the beach and town. I highly recommend Samara Palm Lodge and hope to be back soon.

Room Tip: We had a ground room floor and loved our own sitting area which included a hammock.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

I booked a last minute trip to Playa Samara after reading all the wonderful reviews for this property. I was impressed from the second I arrived. I felt very welcomed immediately as Brigitte greeted me outside the property right as I got off of the shuttle. She was very friendly and took the time to explain the ins and outs of Samara and even made great suggestions on places to eat and book some SUP lessons. The rooms were beautifully decorated and extremely clean. The common areas have a lovely pool and covered area with tables and chairs if you want to relax or check email on their free wifi. They have an Honesty Bar where guests can grab a beer and soda which was awesome for latenight if you don't feel like walking to town. The beach is only about a 5 minute walk and the town of Samara is very safe with lots of friendly people. I watched the superbowl at La Vela Latina (highly recommend) right on the beach. Although I was traveling alone, my experience was a ton of fun and I will definitely be back to Samara Palm Lodge soon. Brigitte and Lothar are wonderful hosts and will go out of their way to make sure each guest is happy.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

Been to Samara Palm Lodge? Share your experiences!