“Worst service ever” 1 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
“Worst service ever”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

I live in Perth. Western Australia and thought we had the worst customer service on earth but this guys did really well to stand out on that area. We arrived and had to wait to sit on a table. Ordered our meals and we waited more than hour and a half for our food and never came out. Asked several ttimes and we where left waiting or simply smelling the food that was served to people that arrived after us. In all that time no one ceremony to explain what was happening till we decided to pay for our drinks and move over to other place that do not take clients for granted.

Very disappointing. Spoiled our night.
There are plenty of other options around.

Toronto, Canada
“Authentic Costa Rican Beachfront”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

Great cocktails, and I mean like the best mojito I've ever had! and at a great price too, especially the happy hour!

Visited December 2012
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“The Seafood Platter should not be missed!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012 via mobile

My family and I went here for dinner one night. It was wonderful. We decided to go here because it was on the beach and we could eat right next to the water.
The wine menu was very good - they had Carmen Chardonnay which was unexpected and was great.
There are 6 people in my family and we each split an order of the Seafood Platter (so we ordered 3 total) the meal is extremely large and was perfect for 2 people to split. There was Calimari, Shrimp, a whole red snapper, a lobster and a white fish filet. All of it was excellent. I would highly recommend this meal to anyone in Samara.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Berwyn, Pennsylvania
“Good food, good people, great view, reasonable prices”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

In Samara there is a small strip of hotels, apartments, etc, all with beach bars, and some just beach bars. But they are all really good beach bar restaurants and most importantly on the beach. All of the places seemed to have Pandora Internet Radio and this was the only one that was not playing what would be my Pandora station, as there were more Euro-oldies playing, but it certainly did not spoil a wonderful lunch. In fact, the crowd, at least that day, might be described as Euro-oldie. I heard a lot of German, Italian, and Portuguese being spoken along with the Spanish and English. El Anclar certainly was the most cosmopolitan place we visited.

Service was extremely friendly. Our drinks were delivered very quickly and we had time to enjoy them while looking over the extensive menu which is written in Spanish, German, and English. I selected the whole red snapper with fries and my wife had the snapper filet done in their special sauce with rice. The whole snapper was magnificent. I had just eaten this the night before at a much, much more expensive restaurant and this was as large and as perhaps even fresher by an hour or two than the previous. Fish is really fresh in Samara. My wife's filet was done in a mango/pineapple curry sauce that she proclaimed perfect. Although we had this lunch now 6 days ago, she is still talking about it.

On has a choice of eating on their covered tiled patio, shaded by trees on the sand, or further out in the sun. Whatever your preference the views of the people, the beach and the ocean are great.

I am so sad to be home for many reasons, one of them being that I cannot drop in here for lunch regularly, which I definitely would, were I closer. Great place!

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
cape cod, MA/naples, FL
“Good local place.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Fish dinners for $10.were reasonably priced. Service great and as many locals as tourists. Beach location can not be beat.

Visited November 2012