“peaceful and relaxing” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Villas Boheme Chic

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Playa Samara
Villas Boheme Chic
You added Villas Boheme Chic to your Saves list
Detras Taller de Samara, Playa Samara, Costa Rica   |
Czech Republic
“peaceful and relaxing”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2011

We stayed in the "casa 2" at this location. The house was very small and simple - no frills, nothing more than just what we needed. The place is well-equipped with towels and sheets, as well as the usual "vacation rental" amenities (coffee maker, pots and pans, etc.) The beds were very comfortable, the wi-fi connection was excellent, and the fans upstairs and downstairs made it so we were never too hot. The location was good - less than a 10 minute walk to the beach and to town, but removed enough from the sounds of cars and nightlife to feel private, even secluded. The owner, Karin, did a lot to help us get in and get comfortable, from arranging the taxi to pick us up in Liberia to a printed list with descriptions of restaurants and shops in the area. She also bought some groceries against our late-night arrival, which was incredibly thoughtful.

The only drawbacks - and this may be true for any place in Samara, I don't know! - were the very noisy chickens and dogs. They start quite early in the morning and they are persistent. It can be annoying. If I hadn't had earplugs, I would not have slept through a single night. Similarly, we had quite noisy neighbors a few times. It makes for a rough night when a drum circle with drunken singing goes until midnight and the chickens woke you up at 4 a.m. Nevertheless, I expect it would have been worse closer to the beach, and I never felt endangered, just annoyed.

Also, it should be mentioned that the cottage did not have doors (even on the bathroom). We're a fairly "hippie" bunch, and it didn't bother us at all, but I know some people who would have found that offputting, so I mention it.

In all, we had a fantastic experience in Playa Samara, a great deal of which was to do with the beautiful location of this villa and the peaceful feeling we got coming "home" at the end of a day on the beach. I highly recommend Villa Boheme Chic.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Samarena, Owner at Villas Boheme Chic, responded to this review, June 5, 2011
Thanks for our positive review and the useful tips to improve the property. The comfort of my guests is my absolute priority. Therefore I ordered a door for the bathroom upstairs.
I admit that the chicken were loud at night, I have found another owner for them. Kind regards.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Santa Rosa, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2010

My boyfriend and I planned a trip to Playa Samara months in advance, and then our accommodations fell through. We were in a panic and desperate to find a vacation rental in our price range. We are so lucky to have found Karin and Villas Boheme Chic!

Karen was very responsive to our e-mail inquiries and gave us a fantastic rate considering that two out of our ten days in Costa Rica we would be staying in La Fortuna. She made everything very easy and painless. In truth, we never met Karin in Costa Rica (since she was on vacation herself) but we did meet her property managers who handled everything for us.

We had Casa 1 which was adorable. The place was spotlessly clean and the kitchen was well-stocked with everything we needed to cook meals. We felt very safe and secure while staying there too which was important to us because we have had friends who have had their vacation rentals broken into while on vacation in Costa Rica.

Honestly, other than the hammock, the rental is pretty no frills. Then again, I honestly don't think too many people come to Playa Samara looking for total luxury. Although the accommodations are basic, there was never a moment when I thought "Gee, I wish we had ___." Villas Boheme has the same laid back vibe as the rest of Samara. It was exactly what we were looking for.
Villa Boheme Chic is walking distance from town, but far enough removed so that it always felt private. I saw howler monkeys in the trees and iguanas lounging on our front porch. We stayed during the green season so it rained every night. The thunder, lighting and rain sounds AMAZING under the roof.

Next time we go to Playa Samara (and we will be back) we are definitely staying at Villas Boheme Chic!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Samarena, Owner at Villas Boheme Chic, responded to this review, September 4, 2010
I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay in Casa1. Thanks so much for the positive review! I do hope that one day you return to beautiful Samara.
Seattle, WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2010

This was the first trip abroad for my wife and I and it could not have been any better. We stayed at Villa Boheme Chic in Playa Samara. We stayed in Casa 1, which was a nice loft style villa, fully equipped with everything you need to be comfortable during your stay. The interior was beautiful and unique with natural wood finishes. We made good use of the kitchen, eating in much of the time. Outside the villa there is a nice, covered porch with a table and chairs, and best of all, a hammock!
The Villa is located just inside a jungle setting, making it ever more relaxing and majestic. A perfect wildlife setting, with colorful birds, iguanas, and geckos. We were even visited by howler monkeys on our last day, who were hanging around in the trees. The villa is a short, pleasant walk to the beautiful beach and city center.
I really cannot say enough about our experience in Samara. The owner, Karin, was always there to answer any questions that we had, and was very helpful. On the property with her are her two, very cool, friendly dogs.
A very pleasant stay and experience. The price was right. We hope to return in the future and we will definitely return to Villa Boheme Chic.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Concord, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2010

I was so excited and had such high expectations of Boheme Chic when we first booked our accommodations. It just kept getting better and better as the owner, Karin, stayed in touch with me over a month before I actually traveled. She answered all my questions via email, sent pictures, made wonderful suggestions, even provided insight on the rest of our travels outside of Costa Rica. We were already impressed with her level of service and hospitality, but our real surprise came when we finally and anxiously arrived to Samara Beach and were greeted so warmly by Karin. Honestly, I thought I had built up such high expectations at this point that I was almost assured to be disappointed. But that was not the case at all.
The location is incredible and after taking a long stroll around Samara, we knew we made the right decision by far. In fact, the location is not even the real selling point. The accommodations were far ahead anything we noticed in Samara or, for that matter, the rest of our trip around Costa Rica, especially considering the price. It felt like we just moved into our new home, with the best neighbor anyone could ask for…Karin, the owner. She made our stay extra special and our son enjoyed having his own upstairs bed. The room is detailed in exotic woods and the surrounding landscape is lush and green. Samara Beach is very nice but we especially enjoyed Carrillo Beach, which is a few minutes away by car. Both areas are very clean but the waves at Carrillo were a bit more enjoyable than the long shallow shore of Samara. Still, each spot offers its own unique properties to be enjoyed. If we ever travel to that part of Costa Rica, we would be thrilled to stay at Boheme Chic again.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
Samarena, owner at Villas Boheme Chic, responded to this review, April 22, 2010
Thanks very much for your splendid review on the houses and the service. No need to thank me, it was my pleasure to have you here and do hope that you return in the future. Kind regards.
Montreal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2009

We spent to weeks at Villas Boheme Chic in july 2009.
Less then 10 minutes by foot from the beach and the village center, our little villa was nicely located, close to the jungle (we got visits from monkeys almost every day) and within walking distance from all the services we needed.
The villa is clean, very nicely decorated with access to a beautiful garden. Very private and safe location.
The owner, Karin, lives in the third house and was a perfect hostess. Quiet and yet always available to answer questions. She pointed us to the best restaurants and other points of interest in the area and was always spot on.
The beach in Samara is just gorgeous and about 5 kilometers long. There are restaurants along the beach but do ask Karin for advice before you go to any of them.
We will definetly go back to Playa Samara and even if we saw other beautiful hotels and villas in the area, we would'nt think of going anywhere else then Villa Boheme Chic.
Simply the best.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Samarena, owner at Villas Boheme Chic, responded to this review, October 23, 2009
Thanks very much for your positive and kind review. It's been my pleasure to have you and your lovely family here. Really hope you soon return, looking forward to it!
Durango, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2009

As a first time visitor to Costa Rica and Playa Samara we were a little hesitant to commit to making and paying for our reservations prior to our stay. This was put at ease right away as we called the local Samara travel agency to get the scoop on Karin, the owner of Villas Boheme Chic. This ladies exact words "you will not find anyone as nice or wonderful as Karin in all of Samara." No joke and nothing closer to the truth.

Karin is wonderful. The Villas Boheme Chic are a slice of Tuscany on the coast of Costa Rica and we could not have imagined staying anywhere else. When we return to Playa Samara we will definetly be staying at the Villas Boheme Chic. Here are our thoughts/reviews...
The Service:
5 out of 5. Karin is very friendly, helpful and definetly lives the Pura Vida. She was so helpful throughout the entire reservation process and her recomendations on driving, places to eat, beaches (off the beaten path) were great. Very Sweet Belgian woman!!

The Villas:
One word Beautiful. More words; private, very clean, open, new, amazing, refrigerator, full kitchen, wonderful interior design, clean and comfortable beds, nice shower. 5 out of 5.

The Location:
Very Quiet/Safe Gated Parking
Overall Amazing Serene Living area
Very short walk into town (Close to groceries, bank, town, beach)
Easy to find and get to and from
5 out of 5.

What we Liked Best:
Playa Samara is definetly a beautiful spot that we would recommend (and do) to all of our friends and family. Again, we could not have asked for better customer service than what Karin provided for us. My girlfriend and I can honestly say that this was the best expierence that we had throughout the enitre trip and hope to make it back to Playa Samara soon. The Villas privacy and location to the beach and town are what will keep us coming back. The cleanliness and the value were incredible. If you go to Samara The Villas Boheme Chic are well worth the price and you will not find a nicer lady in all of Samara...

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Samarena, owner at Villas Boheme Chic, responded to this review, November 2, 2009
It was a pleasure to meet you and your lovely girlfriend and appreciate your positive review very much. Yes, to confirm reservations for Villas Boheme Chic we kindly ask an advance payment of 20%,

Been to Villas Boheme Chic? Share your experiences!