“Great spot to relax and enjoy Samara.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Villas Boheme Chic

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Playa Samara
Villas Boheme Chic
Save Saved
You added Villas Boheme Chic to your Saves list
Detras Taller de Samara, Playa Samara, Costa Rica   |
Bar Harbor, Maine
“Great spot to relax and enjoy Samara.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2012

My wife and I stayed in casa #2 here for the month of January, 2012, and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves here. Karin, the owner, greeted us warmly at our arrival and over the period of our stay, we felt like we had made a friend rather than just making the acquaintance of the owner. She was most helpful in giving us local information and in helping us with our individual needs. The place is clean, comfortable and most nights quite quiet. There are only 2 casas available to rent, the third being Karin's main house. We enjoyed many fine days relaxing here and enjoying the hammock and looking out over the gardens. To be honest, our peace and quiet was sometimes disturbed by outside influences, most notably from a half dozen local roosters who feel the need to crow off and on regularly (forget the notion of a rooster only crowing at dawn, these buggers crow 24 hours a day). Also there are rental units behind hers which in the high season can be rented out to large groups of Ticos who are there to party and have a good time, so expect loud voices and music on weekends maybe. Karin has no control over this and I dont fault her or her place. The place is clean and very uniquely designed, the host is as friendly and as helpful as can be, the prices are more than reasonable, and you are within 5 minutes of the beach. What more can you ask for?

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Claymont, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2011

We booked on line so we were not sure what to expect, accept for website.
Well, everything was exactly the way it was told on the web and more. The casa fit our needs perfectly. We stayed at the villa for the month of December, very clean and so comfortable.
Karin is so accommodating and lovely. In the morning or when we would return from the beach(which is a really nice walk) we would see Karin and her beautiful smile.
We will be back as soon as possible. No need to look for other lodging the villa is perfect.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Plano, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2011

Clean, quiet, comfortable, convenient and affordable plus the most gracious proprietress in Guanacaste Province.

I spent the month of July at this little jungle oasis while attending Intercultura. Located a pleasant 10 minute walk from the school and beach my casita afforded me a quiet retreat from the bustle of the pueblecito de Sámara. The cleanliness and comfort of my little abode alongside el Rio Lagarto and the jungle provided a relaxing stay in this quaint, rustic beach village.

Getting to know Karin was an unexpected yet totally delightful addition to my stay at Villa Boheme Chic. Not only did she (along with Sol and Luna) provide enjoyable company, she also took me on adventures that few visitors to Sámara ever get to see. Without divulging these secrets all I can tell you is that it has been awhile since I laughed so hard and marveled at such natural beauty.

Muchas gracias Karin!!!

Room Tip: Casitas 1 and 2 are the most spacious.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
raleigh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2011

Villas Boheme Chic were not only quaint, spacious, and quiet, but they were so close to the beach. They were decorated fabulously, and the kitchen was really nice to have. The prices were also incredibly inexpense to stay there. Karen, the owner was so accomdating and nice, and we felt like we were at home. We actually cried when we left her!! We really felt like we had made a new friend. I would tell anyone going to Playa Samara there is no other place you can stay that will be as magical as Villas Boheme Chic... THANKS FOR AN AMAZING VACATION!!!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
Venice, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2011

The Villas Boheme Chic are located in a lush setting of beautiful flowers and trees briming with a multitude of colorful birds, occassional monkeys and iguanas. Each villa is fully furnished and provided with full kitchen & kitchen utensils, toaster oven, refrigerator, and fans. Each Villa has a downstairs main floor, with kitchen and bathroom, but also has a second floor bedroom with ceiling fan. The Villa units could easilly accomodate 2 couples or a family of four. Free parking is provided on the gated grounds and there is 24 hour complimentary Wi-Fi. The intimate and secluded villas are just a short walk (5-10 minutes) fform Playa Samara (Samara Beach) and the restaurants, stores, banks, and shops of Samara, a small sleepy beachtown on the Pacific. Additionally, Playa Carrillo (one of the most beautiful and secluded beaches in all of Costa Rica) is only 5 minutes south, by car or taxi.
Karin, the owner, is charming, friendly and extemely helpful. We were in frequent contact via email, and she was quick to assist in arranging the details of my one week stay, providing directions, and restaurant advice. I could not ask for a more cooperative obligining hostess, although I was only able to meet her, personally, on the last day of my trip.
Thanks Karin for a delightful stay and the opportunity to enjoy the sights from the "observation deck" and the sounds of the "Samara Syphony." I will be back.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2011

Me and my boyfriend stayed here for a month (dec 9-jan9 2010). we absolutely loved it there! Karin (the owner) is amazing, so helpful and accommodating. The house itself is perfect, we were there during their summer and we did not miss air conditioning at all. The location is perfect, its close enough that it's a 5 min walk to anywhere in the city and beach but its far enough that you still get some quiet.
We would recommend this place for anyone! we had such a great time and a big reason was our place and Karin!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Czech Republic
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2011

We stayed in the "casa 2" at this location. The house was very small and simple - no frills, nothing more than just what we needed. The place is well-equipped with towels and sheets, as well as the usual "vacation rental" amenities (coffee maker, pots and pans, etc.) The beds were very comfortable, the wi-fi connection was excellent, and the fans upstairs and downstairs made it so we were never too hot. The location was good - less than a 10 minute walk to the beach and to town, but removed enough from the sounds of cars and nightlife to feel private, even secluded. The owner, Karin, did a lot to help us get in and get comfortable, from arranging the taxi to pick us up in Liberia to a printed list with descriptions of restaurants and shops in the area. She also bought some groceries against our late-night arrival, which was incredibly thoughtful.

The only drawbacks - and this may be true for any place in Samara, I don't know! - were the very noisy chickens and dogs. They start quite early in the morning and they are persistent. It can be annoying. If I hadn't had earplugs, I would not have slept through a single night. Similarly, we had quite noisy neighbors a few times. It makes for a rough night when a drum circle with drunken singing goes until midnight and the chickens woke you up at 4 a.m. Nevertheless, I expect it would have been worse closer to the beach, and I never felt endangered, just annoyed.

Also, it should be mentioned that the cottage did not have doors (even on the bathroom). We're a fairly "hippie" bunch, and it didn't bother us at all, but I know some people who would have found that offputting, so I mention it.

In all, we had a fantastic experience in Playa Samara, a great deal of which was to do with the beautiful location of this villa and the peaceful feeling we got coming "home" at the end of a day on the beach. I highly recommend Villa Boheme Chic.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Samarena, Owner at Villas Boheme Chic, responded to this review, June 5, 2011
Thanks for our positive review and the useful tips to improve the property. The comfort of my guests is my absolute priority. Therefore I ordered a door for the bathroom upstairs.
I admit that the chicken were loud at night, I have found another owner for them. Kind regards.

Been to Villas Boheme Chic? Share your experiences!