“My jungle oasis” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Villas Boheme Chic

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Playa Samara
Villas Boheme Chic
You added Villas Boheme Chic to your Saves list
Detras Taller de Samara, Playa Samara, Costa Rica   |
Plano, Texas
“My jungle oasis”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2011

Clean, quiet, comfortable, convenient and affordable plus the most gracious proprietress in Guanacaste Province.

I spent the month of July at this little jungle oasis while attending Intercultura. Located a pleasant 10 minute walk from the school and beach my casita afforded me a quiet retreat from the bustle of the pueblecito de Sámara. The cleanliness and comfort of my little abode alongside el Rio Lagarto and the jungle provided a relaxing stay in this quaint, rustic beach village.

Getting to know Karin was an unexpected yet totally delightful addition to my stay at Villa Boheme Chic. Not only did she (along with Sol and Luna) provide enjoyable company, she also took me on adventures that few visitors to Sámara ever get to see. Without divulging these secrets all I can tell you is that it has been awhile since I laughed so hard and marveled at such natural beauty.

Muchas gracias Karin!!!

Room Tip: Casitas 1 and 2 are the most spacious.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
raleigh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2011

Villas Boheme Chic were not only quaint, spacious, and quiet, but they were so close to the beach. They were decorated fabulously, and the kitchen was really nice to have. The prices were also incredibly inexpense to stay there. Karen, the owner was so accomdating and nice, and we felt like we were at home. We actually cried when we left her!! We really felt like we had made a new friend. I would tell anyone going to Playa Samara there is no other place you can stay that will be as magical as Villas Boheme Chic... THANKS FOR AN AMAZING VACATION!!!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
Venice, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2011

The Villas Boheme Chic are located in a lush setting of beautiful flowers and trees briming with a multitude of colorful birds, occassional monkeys and iguanas. Each villa is fully furnished and provided with full kitchen & kitchen utensils, toaster oven, refrigerator, and fans. Each Villa has a downstairs main floor, with kitchen and bathroom, but also has a second floor bedroom with ceiling fan. The Villa units could easilly accomodate 2 couples or a family of four. Free parking is provided on the gated grounds and there is 24 hour complimentary Wi-Fi. The intimate and secluded villas are just a short walk (5-10 minutes) fform Playa Samara (Samara Beach) and the restaurants, stores, banks, and shops of Samara, a small sleepy beachtown on the Pacific. Additionally, Playa Carrillo (one of the most beautiful and secluded beaches in all of Costa Rica) is only 5 minutes south, by car or taxi.
Karin, the owner, is charming, friendly and extemely helpful. We were in frequent contact via email, and she was quick to assist in arranging the details of my one week stay, providing directions, and restaurant advice. I could not ask for a more cooperative obligining hostess, although I was only able to meet her, personally, on the last day of my trip.
Thanks Karin for a delightful stay and the opportunity to enjoy the sights from the "observation deck" and the sounds of the "Samara Syphony." I will be back.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2011

Me and my boyfriend stayed here for a month (dec 9-jan9 2010). we absolutely loved it there! Karin (the owner) is amazing, so helpful and accommodating. The house itself is perfect, we were there during their summer and we did not miss air conditioning at all. The location is perfect, its close enough that it's a 5 min walk to anywhere in the city and beach but its far enough that you still get some quiet.
We would recommend this place for anyone! we had such a great time and a big reason was our place and Karin!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Czech Republic
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2011

We stayed in the "casa 2" at this location. The house was very small and simple - no frills, nothing more than just what we needed. The place is well-equipped with towels and sheets, as well as the usual "vacation rental" amenities (coffee maker, pots and pans, etc.) The beds were very comfortable, the wi-fi connection was excellent, and the fans upstairs and downstairs made it so we were never too hot. The location was good - less than a 10 minute walk to the beach and to town, but removed enough from the sounds of cars and nightlife to feel private, even secluded. The owner, Karin, did a lot to help us get in and get comfortable, from arranging the taxi to pick us up in Liberia to a printed list with descriptions of restaurants and shops in the area. She also bought some groceries against our late-night arrival, which was incredibly thoughtful.

The only drawbacks - and this may be true for any place in Samara, I don't know! - were the very noisy chickens and dogs. They start quite early in the morning and they are persistent. It can be annoying. If I hadn't had earplugs, I would not have slept through a single night. Similarly, we had quite noisy neighbors a few times. It makes for a rough night when a drum circle with drunken singing goes until midnight and the chickens woke you up at 4 a.m. Nevertheless, I expect it would have been worse closer to the beach, and I never felt endangered, just annoyed.

Also, it should be mentioned that the cottage did not have doors (even on the bathroom). We're a fairly "hippie" bunch, and it didn't bother us at all, but I know some people who would have found that offputting, so I mention it.

In all, we had a fantastic experience in Playa Samara, a great deal of which was to do with the beautiful location of this villa and the peaceful feeling we got coming "home" at the end of a day on the beach. I highly recommend Villa Boheme Chic.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Samarena, Owner at Villas Boheme Chic, responded to this review, June 5, 2011
Thanks for our positive review and the useful tips to improve the property. The comfort of my guests is my absolute priority. Therefore I ordered a door for the bathroom upstairs.
I admit that the chicken were loud at night, I have found another owner for them. Kind regards.
Santa Rosa, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2010

My boyfriend and I planned a trip to Playa Samara months in advance, and then our accommodations fell through. We were in a panic and desperate to find a vacation rental in our price range. We are so lucky to have found Karin and Villas Boheme Chic!

Karen was very responsive to our e-mail inquiries and gave us a fantastic rate considering that two out of our ten days in Costa Rica we would be staying in La Fortuna. She made everything very easy and painless. In truth, we never met Karin in Costa Rica (since she was on vacation herself) but we did meet her property managers who handled everything for us.

We had Casa 1 which was adorable. The place was spotlessly clean and the kitchen was well-stocked with everything we needed to cook meals. We felt very safe and secure while staying there too which was important to us because we have had friends who have had their vacation rentals broken into while on vacation in Costa Rica.

Honestly, other than the hammock, the rental is pretty no frills. Then again, I honestly don't think too many people come to Playa Samara looking for total luxury. Although the accommodations are basic, there was never a moment when I thought "Gee, I wish we had ___." Villas Boheme has the same laid back vibe as the rest of Samara. It was exactly what we were looking for.
Villa Boheme Chic is walking distance from town, but far enough removed so that it always felt private. I saw howler monkeys in the trees and iguanas lounging on our front porch. We stayed during the green season so it rained every night. The thunder, lighting and rain sounds AMAZING under the roof.

Next time we go to Playa Samara (and we will be back) we are definitely staying at Villas Boheme Chic!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Samarena, Owner at Villas Boheme Chic, responded to this review, September 4, 2010
I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay in Casa1. Thanks so much for the positive review! I do hope that one day you return to beautiful Samara.
Seattle, WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2010

This was the first trip abroad for my wife and I and it could not have been any better. We stayed at Villa Boheme Chic in Playa Samara. We stayed in Casa 1, which was a nice loft style villa, fully equipped with everything you need to be comfortable during your stay. The interior was beautiful and unique with natural wood finishes. We made good use of the kitchen, eating in much of the time. Outside the villa there is a nice, covered porch with a table and chairs, and best of all, a hammock!
The Villa is located just inside a jungle setting, making it ever more relaxing and majestic. A perfect wildlife setting, with colorful birds, iguanas, and geckos. We were even visited by howler monkeys on our last day, who were hanging around in the trees. The villa is a short, pleasant walk to the beautiful beach and city center.
I really cannot say enough about our experience in Samara. The owner, Karin, was always there to answer any questions that we had, and was very helpful. On the property with her are her two, very cool, friendly dogs.
A very pleasant stay and experience. The price was right. We hope to return in the future and we will definitely return to Villa Boheme Chic.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Villas Boheme Chic? Share your experiences!