“A learning vacation on the beach” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #17 of 28 Activities in Playa Samara
Type: Classes/Workshops, Classes
“A learning vacation on the beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2014 NEW

I loved the experience. It was the best combination of learning spanish and being on the beach. I also loved to use the homestay option.

Visited December 2014

Coralville, Iowa
“Learn Spanish at the beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2014

My wife and I spent a pleasant week in Samara learning Spanish and enjoying the laid back llife in Costa Rica. The classes were well run with small classes tailored to one's level of comprehension.
Meeting like minded people from around the world is also part of the experience.
Highly recommended.

Visited March 2014

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

nyc
“So much fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2014

It was amazing how much I learned in such a short amount of time. The school is beautiful, and located in a near perfect location. Immersion is definitely the way to go if you want to learn anything, and this is a great place to do it. The staff is awesome, the teachers and friendly and great at teaching solely in Spanish.

Visited October 2014

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“come here if you want to learn Spanish”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2014 via mobile

This was my second time to do a Spanish immersion in Costa Rica and it was by far the best. I only have to weeks a year to study so I need to make the most of it! This school is extremely well run and the staff is amazing. They use games, music etc in class that really facilitate learning. What makes this school unique are the location (Samara is drop dead gorgeous) and the activities. Included in the program are extras like yoga, jewelry making, cooking class,Latin dance, Zumba, and movies. They also offer some great tours so that you can see everything that the area has to offer. I only wish I could stay longer. Highly, highly recommended

Visited November 2014
Oxnard, CA
11 attraction reviews
“A great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2014 via mobile

I was here for 3 weeks and my Spanish speaking really improved.
The first two weeks I was lucky enough to be in a class with just one other student. The third week there were five in the class, all younger than me and working on their 3rd or 4th language. The teachers are very helpful and speak only Spanish. Our teacher was very chatty and entertaining. My comprehension skills flourished. The classes are 4 hours and alternate between mornings and afternoons. There is a lot of material covered so I was glad I had done some preparation before I got there. It is not easy but it is fun.
The school is also very helpful with arranging tours and trips on the week-ends.
Sámara is a lovely little town filled with people from all over the world. The restaurants are fabulous, the beach is beautiful, the locals are friendly and there is world class surfing a short drive away. There is wifi at the school and in every bar, restaurant and gas station.
We would do this same trip again in a heart-beat, and most likely will.

Visited March 2014
Lindsay L, Guest Relations Manager at Samara Language School - Day Classes, responded to this review, November 7, 2014
Hola KristiKN! Thanks so much for your kind words and very cohesive review. We're so glad that you learned a lot while having fun and enjoying the best of Costa Rica. Please come back and visit us again!

Lindsay and the whole Intercultura team