“come here if you want to learn Spanish” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #21 of 26 Activities in Playa Samara
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“come here if you want to learn Spanish”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2014 via mobile

This was my second time to do a Spanish immersion in Costa Rica and it was by far the best. I only have to weeks a year to study so I need to make the most of it! This school is extremely well run and the staff is amazing. They use games, music etc in class that really facilitate learning. What makes this school unique are the location (Samara is drop dead gorgeous) and the activities. Included in the program are extras like yoga, jewelry making, cooking class,Latin dance, Zumba, and movies. They also offer some great tours so that you can see everything that the area has to offer. I only wish I could stay longer. Highly, highly recommended

Visited November 2014

Oxnard, CA
11 attraction reviews
“A great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2014 via mobile

I was here for 3 weeks and my Spanish speaking really improved.
The first two weeks I was lucky enough to be in a class with just one other student. The third week there were five in the class, all younger than me and working on their 3rd or 4th language. The teachers are very helpful and speak only Spanish. Our teacher was very chatty and entertaining. My comprehension skills flourished. The classes are 4 hours and alternate between mornings and afternoons. There is a lot of material covered so I was glad I had done some preparation before I got there. It is not easy but it is fun.
The school is also very helpful with arranging tours and trips on the week-ends.
Sámara is a lovely little town filled with people from all over the world. The restaurants are fabulous, the beach is beautiful, the locals are friendly and there is world class surfing a short drive away. There is wifi at the school and in every bar, restaurant and gas station.
We would do this same trip again in a heart-beat, and most likely will.

Visited March 2014
Lindsay L, Guest Relations Manager at Samara Language School - Day Classes, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Hola KristiKN! Thanks so much for your kind words and very cohesive review. We're so glad that you learned a lot while having fun and enjoying the best of Costa Rica. Please come back and visit us again!

Lindsay and the whole Intercultura team
Vancouver
7 attraction reviews
“Wish I Could've Stayed Longer!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

As chaperones for a high school tour to Costa Rica, we took a group of 20 students to Intercultura for a day long Spanish lesson. Unfortunately, as we were only in Samara for a few days, the students weren't super stoked to be spending the day learning Spanish so we only stayed for 1/2 the day. Had I been by myself, I would have stayed weeks learning Spanish here! It's in a beautiful setting and the instructor was approachable, happy and helpful :) I'd love to go back and spend more time!

Visited March 2014
Globalgirl212, Guest Relations Manager at Samara Language School - Day Classes, responded to this review, August 12, 2014
Thanks so much for writing. We hope you and your group had a fun and enriching time here in Costa Rica and with Intercultura, Sámara Language School.

Most of our groups stay at least a week, so I can only imagine that it wasn't enough time! We would be happy to host your group again and welcome any more feedback you may have. We hope to see you again next year!
Ottawa, Canada
3 attraction reviews
“Great Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

We've attended the language school for four years in a row and have enjoyed learning Spanish there. Excellent teachers. And Sámara is a great little town. Wonderful people. Great beach. The school, beach and town are a terrific way to spend a vacation. We'll definitely be back.

Visited February 2013

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Globalgirl212, Guest Relations Manager at Samara Language School - Day Classes, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Hola,

Thank you so much for visiting us again and for taking the time to let us know what you thought about our program. We are so glad you enjoyed your trip. We look forward to seeing you next time.

Your amigos at Intercultura, Sámara Language School