“Exceptional personal service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Hideaway Hotel Playa Samara

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Playa Samara
The Hideaway Hotel Playa Samara
You added The Hideaway Hotel Playa Samara to your Saves list
on the road from Samara to Carrillo | 150 meters from the ICE Tower, Playa Samara 50205, Costa Rica   |
Offers & Announcements
Free breakfast with your stay
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Playa Samara
Port Orcha
“Exceptional personal service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2010

As a solo traveler on my first trip to Costa Rica I found the staff at the Hideway most helpful and personable. I made my arrangements with them via email and fax and Christopher stayed in touch when there were technical difficulties. The courteous and personal service continued during my stay. Rosie and Doug have created a lovely tropical getaway.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Playa Hermosa, Costa Rica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2010

Without question, the best hotel in the area for a very reasonable price. Food is excellent, Doug & Rosy are fantastic hosts and the staff provides 5 star service. The rooms are modern, comfortable and easily beats out the competition in the Samara/Nosara area. We had a wonderful experience at The Hideaway Hotel!!!

Tucson, Arizona, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2010

Absolutely amazing hotel! Thanks to the Hideaway for an amazing wedding!!

We had a group of almost 30 staying at the Hideaway for our wedding, and it was great! Not only were the owners and staff friendly and helpful, the place was absolutely beautiful and a great value! The Hideaway helped us arrange everything important for the wedding. The wedding was on the beach and the reception dinner was at the hotel. I could not have asked for a better place to have my wedding in paradise!

I cannot say enough good things - we will be back!!

Los Angeles, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2010

** This was my 4th time in Samara, the first time I was there 3 months, so I feel like I know the place fairly well. **

This hotel surpasses anything in Playa Samara - my boyfriend & I were blown away. The owners, Rosie & Doug, have done a fantastic job building this hotel and treated us like royalty.

The location could not be better. Playa Samara is a cute town but the beach next door - Playa Carrillo is much more beautiful. Hideaway is situated on the edge of Samara - walking distance to Playa Carrillo and Playa Samara. Staying in Samara central sucks because it can get very noisy.

One of my closest girlfriends got married in Samara. A group of 15 of us traveled from the US to share in the experience. The other hotel she was going to have the wedding at was destroyed by some heavy rain 3 days before. Then her wedding day got rained out so she wasn't able to have the wedding on the beach. Doug & Rosie saved her wedding. They were able to accommodate all of us last minute and did everything they could to make her wedding wonderful. She even set up her chuppah in the front of the hotel when the rain interfered.

The rooms were large and had numerous nice touches (other reviews already gave details). The bathrooms were large and clean. The pool area is so relaxing -- I wish I was there now.

Rosie and Doug have incredible homemade brownies and ice cream and their food is fantastic. I don't eat red meat but my bf said the burger is fantastic.

When we left and were going up to the Volcano Rosie made calls for us to check on hotels. She was so generous with her time and gave us unbias reviews of hotels based on her experience.

I definitely recommend this hotel -- it is the best in Samara.

• Stayed July 2010
Modesto, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2010

We arrrived after a long delayed flight due to a thunder storm all road weary and bedraggled at 1:00 AM and Rosy and Doug (the incredible hostsof the Hideaway) cheerily got us to our rooms and cozily tucked into our A/Ced rooms for the night. The morning dawned and we were greeted with the sight of our abode for the next week and the beauty of it brought smiles to everyone's face. Over the following days we were to be the recipients of Costa Rican hospitality, food, and relaxtion at its best from the people of the Hideaway. The excursions they helped us put together were great, the restaurants they recommended were yummy (the food at Hideaway is fabulous), and every twist and turn that came up they took care of. As mother of the bride I have to tell you they helped us to put on one of the more beautiful weddings I've been to! We can't wait to go back! Thank you, Rosy and Doug for memories of a life time.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2010

When we arrived at the Hideaway Hotel from the long drive from Arenal, we gave a sigh of relief with the welcoming smile of Luce at the front desk and the great music buzzing through the dinning and pool area. The first night we stayed at the hotel we had the place all to ourselves, including the bar and it's wonderful tender Chris, and the staff gave us great advice on where to eat and what to eat there. The room was beautiful, clean, and elegant with gigantic beds, a mini fridge, safe, excellent air conditioning, television, and a spacious bathroom. The grounds and pool are well kept and tended to every day and chances are you are going to make friends with a gecko and several of those beautiful crabs. The beach is just a short walk away and once you get there, it really feels like you have your own private section of Sámara. Carrillo is a short drive and is a stunning beach lined with palm trees and soft sand and if you want to get away from the touristy areas, Carrillo is the place to be.

If you need anything at all, the staff is more than happy to help. They booked our turtle tour and a massage, which they later canceled for me because I caught the stomach flu, and Rosy even helped translate at the pharmacy in town. Chrisya is an excellent cook and a kick, and Doug and Rosy made us feel like we were visiting old friends. The ice-cream, brownies, and mango margaritas are all they are cracked up to be and the casada was the best we had the entire trip. The place is also guarded from 6:00 PM to 6:00 AM so it is incredibly safe.

We can't wait to go back for the beach, the hospitality, the food, the lovely pool, the luxurious bed, and to visit what feels like old friends. ¡Pura Vida!

Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2010

My husband and I travel each year with another couple to some of the best fishing grounds in the world. Some times we stay at large 5 star resorts, which are nice - but very impersonal. Other times we stay at smaller hotels in smaller villages. The Hideaway is a picture perfect, boutique hotel offering the most unique, friendly and personal service imaginable. Our hosts, Doug and Rosy, thought of everything! The rooms are over-sized, comfortable and quiet. The pool was sparkling clean and inviting… we spent every evening enjoying a swim before bed. The beaches of Samara and Carrillo are well kept secrets – some of the most beautiful beaches in the world.
The Howler monkeys were around in the mornings and afternoons... their howls really made us feel like we were in Paradise! The staff could not have been nicer, or more accommodating. They were helpful for each and every one of our needs. They became friends... it was hard to say goodbye! Rosy's brownies are THE BEST I HAVE EVER TASTED. Sinful - but you have to have one!!! ALL of the meals we had were delicious! Breakfast and dinner were perfect!!! Try one of Doug's Mango Margaritas! Yummy and FRESH!
The Hideaway is tucked into a very quiet corner of Samara... easy to get to town... but far away enough for peace and quiet when you want it. We had the time of our lives, and cannot wait to go back!!! Thank you, Rosy and Doug! Hope to see you again very soon!
Wish I was there right now!!!
~ Pura vida ~

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with friends

Been to The Hideaway Hotel Playa Samara? Share your experiences!