“Great diving- the nicest of people!” 5 of 5 stars

Type: Other
Attraction Details
Dana Point, California
4 attraction reviews
“Great diving- the nicest of people!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

For those who are diving in the Guanacaste area need to go diving here. The owner Bobbi Jo is very friendly and she runs a great shop. We did a 3 tank dive day and her daughter Kari was our dive master. They showed us 3 great spots and knew where to go and showed us a great time. We booked in advance and got immediate response via email. You are in good hands with this company. Go out with them! They deserve your business!

westchester
8 attraction reviews
“Experienced kind people”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012 via mobile

I am a diver with 250+ logged dives from greece, the caribbean, atlantic/east coast of central america and  north America  using many different outfitters. I am now able to say the Pacific ocean of central America. What an experience. I stayed in the Guanacaste area of Costa Rica.  I did not book my dives in advance of my trip to Costa Rica. There where many dive outfits to chose from so I decided to stop by and check them all out.  I chose Diving Safaris at  Playa Hermosa . I found that they were an experienced dive shop (with a beautiful new compressor), that is owned and operated by an American/Costa Rican family . Bobby Joe is a fantastic operator she provided a great Experience diving with big "fish".(bull sharks, hump back whales, white tips, pilot whales, big eye tuna, eagle rays, sting rays & turtles). One of the most impressive dive trips I've done. Mixed my Nitrox blend perfect.  I have found that most  dive operations need a minimum amount of people to book in order to take a trip out. But that was not the case with Diving Safaris, some days it was like having my own guide. I will return and use them again. The web site is (.NET not .COM ) www.costaricadiving.net/

Lewisville, Texas
6 attraction reviews
“Great snorkeling”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

If you have never scuba (like us) their snorkeling tours are worth the price. The staff is friendly and helpful. We will definitely return to get our scuba certification.

Lewisville, Texas, United States
“Fantastic Diving”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

We have been to Costa Rica twice and dove with Diving Safaris both times. The dive sites were fantastic! We were able to see all sorts of fish. Bobbi Jo and her team were excellent - friendly and service driven. We wouldn't think of diving with anyone else when we go back

Beamsville, Canada
“Excellent service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

Travelled to Costa Rica for our 25th anniversary. Stayed at the Allegro Grand Papagayo. We booked several trips through Johnny D on the beach. Pretty well the same price as through the hotel but much smaller groups. I booked a dive with Diving Safaris, they picked me up outside the property and took a 5 min. drive to Playa Hermosa, As I checked in my dive gear was taken down to the boat and set up. As it turned out there was only the Captain, the dive master Estaban and myself, but we still went out. Estaban took time to find out what I wanted to see and made every effort in doing so. Between dives we had a fresh local pineapple (beats anything back home).
Overall two great dives very friendly staff. If you are going to Papagayo, check Diving Safaris out.

Visited June 2012