I am a volunteer living in another part of the country and chose to take a solo weekend trip to relax and decompress. Playa Hermosa was perfect for this and Hotel ManGaby was equally exactly what I was looking for. As a 27 year old female solo traveler (gringa), I wanted to make sure I felt safe in the room (i.e. that there was a trustworthy way to lock the door) and wouldn't be concerned about leaving my things in the room. I felt safe at this hotel; it was nicely furnished and clean, I had a beautiful balcony overlooking the lovely pool, the staff was excellent, and it was just a short walk to the beach. The price was very reasonable for the quality of the room. I have traveled to many other parts of the country and mostly stayed in hostels - this trip was my most gringo-style trip (in terms of having a room with A/C, hot water, etc.) and I paid more than for the hostels, but far less than you'd pay for an equivalent room in the states. Overall, I was very pleased and would return in a heartbeat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel ManGaby is a modern two-story facility of the latest design. We have a total of 17 room accommodations distributed as follows:13 Standard Rooms including two Full sized beds.5 on the first floor made handicap accessible.8 on the second floor each with their own balcony overlooking the pool.2 Mini-Suites including one King sized bed, furnished living room, a small breakfast area and refrigerator. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Despegar.com and Odigeo so you can book your Hotel ManGaby reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mangaby Hotel Playa Hermosa
- Hotel ManGaby Costa Rica/Playa Hermosa, Guanacaste