OK, so summary: Rooms were nice, food was good...if you like cilantro. Beaches and location were great. Free excursions would have been great....if we were 30. Sleeping was not a problem, as long as no one is weed whacking outside your window at 6am.
Now more details....
Rooms: We stayed in the hotel portion. The rooms at this place were pretty nice! They were kept clean and looked to be recently updated.The views were wonderful, however, the balcony had a bar across the top that prevented seeing anything when sitting down. Still enjoyed the room, the views, and the amazing sunsets!
Food and drink: We had the all inclusive option. The drinks varied on who made them, but that didn't really bother me. The food was good, if you like cilantro. It was literally in EVERYTHING. There was hardly anything that I could eat. It was even stuck to my waffles at breakfast! Now breakfast was the only decent meal of the day for me. I adored the made to order omelets, and the waffles were amazing as soon as I picked off the cilantro. The a la carte restaurant was incredible. Food was delicious and our waiter was so nice. I wish we could have eaten there every night.
Activities: The activity guy was hard to reach. He was never at his desk! We had received a voucher saying we could go for a free sailboat sunset tour or a snorkel trip. When we tried to book for the snorkel trip we were told we couldn't go for free because we weren't 30. Really? I will be 30 in March. I do not see how being 29 years of age would make in in eligible. We were told we would have to pay to go. We tried to book the sunset tour, and we were told it wasn't being offered right now. So, we lost out on our free excursion. I was also under the impression that there was going to be daily yoga. No such luck. It was no where on the activity schedule and appeared to be replaced by zumba. I suggest the resort update their information online and the information given to guests at check in to reflect the actuality of what is being offered.
Location and beach: Location was wonderful and the beaches were nice. Pretty clean, except for the occasional trash being washed ashore. And can I just say, $20 beach massages!? Hello! Amazing!
Sleep quality: the beds were pretty comfortable! No complaints on that. BUT, having someone using a weed whacker to mow the lawn outside our window at 6am was not OK. I understand the need to get work done, but this is a beach resort. People go there to relax. Not to be waken up at 6am. At least wait until 8am!
- Also Known As:
- Villas Sol Hotel & Beach Playa Hermosa
- Villas Sol Hotel & Beach
- Villas Sol Hotel And Beach Resort
- Hotel Sol Beach
- Sol Hotel Playa Hermosa
- Playa Hermosa Sol Hotel
- Villas Sol Hotel Beach Resort
- Villas Sol Hotel & Beach Resort Costa Rica/Playa Hermosa, Guanacaste
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villas Sol Hotel & Beach Resort is a development of 100% Costa Rican capital located on Playa Hermosa, Guanacaste on the northern Pacific Coast and managed by Promotora La Costa, a pioneer company in tourism development in Guanacaste. We are a 4-star Resort, and have a Tourism Sustainability Certification (CST) of the Costa Rican Tourism Institute (ICT) and we are affiliated to Resort Condominium International RCI, being the only Resort in Central America included in the Gold Crown category granted by this company.We work under an All-Inclusive service in 54 Deluxe Hotel Rooms and 109 fully equipped Villas of 1, 2 and 3 bedrooms.with unbeatable view of Papagayo Gulf.Among many alternatives for entertainment and sports offered by Villas Sol Hotel & Beach Resort, you’ll find a wide variety of activities for all ages, water sports (motorized & non motorized), sport fishing, diving, kayak & jet ski. As well as many one day tours that will take you to the many National parks and hide away beaches in the area surrounding our resort.Our great location makes not only our resort a great destination but also offers a convenient closeness to all major tours and activities taking place in the Guanacaste area and surroundings.Villas Sol Hotel & Beach Resort is a place for all ages and types of vacationer. A great choice for families traveling with children, single travelers, honeymooners, people looking for a relaxing vacation or those looking for fun and excitement.Our friendly, helpful staff welcome all guests with a “PURA VIDA” and a smile.& the best service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Tingo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Priceline and Venere so you can book your Villas Sol Hotel & Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.