We booked two weeks at Villas Sol using RCI points spent the first week elsewhere and arrived on a Sunday for the second week of our reservation. Our room was small but clean. There was nowhere to sit besides the bed. We booked our room for the hotel because we were scared off by negative villa reviews and we didn't want to be stuck in a crummy room for our honeymoon. We were given a bottle of champagne since we were honeymooning- a very nice gesture.
We were convinced to purchase 7 days of all-inclusive and ate at the main dining room for almost all our meals. The food was ok. The drinks were ok. Nothing to get excited about. They ran out of wine while we were there.
We did the timeshare presentation, of course it's never 45 minutes like they promise. We finally left after 3 hours. We did get a sunset cruise out of it- that was a great excursion.
We ran into a problem at the end of our trip. Somewhere between a travel agent booking our 1st hotel and airfare for us, my mother booking Villas Sol for us, and wedding madness, we didn't realize our reservation ended Saturday but our flight didn't leave until Sunday! I probably would have figured it out sooner if the front desk staff hadn't kept my copy of my reservation documents. Or if they hadn't had us pay for days of all-inclusive we couldn't actually use. The front desk staff wasn't very pleasant about it, but the concierge was fantastic. He worked really hard to find us a room at another hotel down the beach.
I'd probably come back to Villas Sol for a family trip but it's hardly a romantic honeymoon destination. The sunsets, however, can't be beat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villas Sol Hotel & Beach Resort is a development of 100% Costa Rican capital located on Playa Hermosa, Guanacaste on the northern Pacific Coast and managed by Promotora La Costa, a pioneer company in tourism development in Guanacaste. We are a 4-star Resort, and have a Tourism Sustainability Certification (CST) of the Costa Rican Tourism Institute (ICT) and we are affiliated to Resort Condominium International RCI, being the only Resort in Central America included in the Gold Crown category granted by this company.We work under an All-Inclusive service in 54 Deluxe Hotel Rooms and 109 fully equipped Villas of 1, 2 and 3 bedrooms.with unbeatable view of Papagayo Gulf.Among many alternatives for entertainment and sports offered by Villas Sol Hotel & Beach Resort, you’ll find a wide variety of activities for all ages, water sports (motorized & non motorized), sport fishing, diving, kayak & jet ski. As well as many one day tours that will take you to the many National parks and hide away beaches in the area surrounding our resort.Our great location makes not only our resort a great destination but also offers a convenient closeness to all major tours and activities taking place in the Guanacaste area and surroundings.Villas Sol Hotel & Beach Resort is a place for all ages and types of vacationer. A great choice for families traveling with children, single travelers, honeymooners, people looking for a relaxing vacation or those looking for fun and excitement.Our friendly, helpful staff welcome all guests with a “PURA VIDA” and a smile.& the best service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, HotelTravel.com, Agoda, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Villas Sol Hotel & Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villas Sol Hotel And Beach Resort
- Villas Sol Hotel & Beach Playa Hermosa
- Hotel Sol Beach
- Sol Hotel Playa Hermosa
- Playa Hermosa Sol Hotel
- Villas Sol Hotel & Beach Resort Costa Rica/Playa Hermosa, Guanacaste