I recently got married at Villas Sol. My husband and I are in our mid 30's from NYC so we have high expectations. We had 41 people fly in from all over the US. We chose this resort over others we looked at because we wanted a more intimate feel as opposed to the larger more mainstream resorts. Thank God we did! The wedding planner, Roberta Odio, they provided us was an absolute Godsend! To say she went above and beyond her duties is still selling her short. She made our wedding better then we could have hoped for and kept the stress away by responding promptly to any emails sent during the planning process. No matter where you get married, make sure you try and request her. She doesn't work solely for Villas Sol.
The manager, Madeline, and the concierge, Jose, were both great as well. There was a small mixup with one of our guests rooms but was rectified immediately. They both made sure that us and our guests had everything we needed/wanted and helped us with group trips to Coco Beach and Tamarindo. The front desk staff isn't overly accommodating or friendly so we only dealt with them.
The rooms are all clean and new and all of our guests were happy. I do suggest staying in a villa if you are willing to walk a bit because the views are AMAZING and they are so spacious!!! We had great water pressure, never ran out of hot water, beds were comfortable and housekeeping was great. They have shuttles every 15 minutes but if you call for one they come within a couple minutes. We stayed in #83, which was at the very top, and although it was steep, we chose to walk down the majority of the time which wasn't hard at all.
The food in the buffet was average. Breakfast was good, never had lunch there but dinner also gave you options. The food at the Heliconias restaurant was delicious!!! Had lunch at the pool bar and that was good. There are two pools and the larger one with the swim up bar is definitely the way to go. Daily activities were fun and a good choice of whether you want sun or shade. The beach is at the bottom of the hill and they provide a shuttle if you don't want to walk down the steep hill. It has black volcanic sand and was picture perfect for our wedding.
Our ceremony was on the beach with the reception at Heliconias Restaurant. The staff at Villas Sol treated our guests as family and made sure everything was on schedule and ran smoothly. We ate and danced the night away! Afterwards, we all changed into our bathing suits and continued the celebration in the pool. On Monday, we had a trash the dress photos shoot. Our original photographer cancelled on us a few days before but Roberta came to the rescue and secured me an even better photographer. Villas Sol heard of my situation and gave us their sail boat for the photo shoot to make up for the bad experience I had with the first photographer. The staff at Villas Sol far exceeded my expectations for us and our guests stay for our wedding celebration.
Just keep in mind that it is a smaller resort and if you have trouble getting around then definitely stay in the main part of the hotel. I give the excellent rating due to our fantastic one bedroom villa, how accommodating and helpful the staff was to us and that our wedding went better then we hoped for :-)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villas Sol Hotel & Beach Resort is a development of 100% Costa Rican capital located on Playa Hermosa, Guanacaste on the northern Pacific Coast and managed by Promotora La Costa, a pioneer company in tourism development in Guanacaste. We are a 4-star Resort, and have a Tourism Sustainability Certification (CST) of the Costa Rican Tourism Institute (ICT) and we are affiliated to Resort Condominium International RCI, being the only Resort in Central America included in the Gold Crown category granted by this company.We work under an All-Inclusive service in 54 Deluxe Hotel Rooms and 109 fully equipped Villas of 1, 2 and 3 bedrooms.with unbeatable view of Papagayo Gulf.Among many alternatives for entertainment and sports offered by Villas Sol Hotel & Beach Resort, you’ll find a wide variety of activities for all ages, water sports (motorized & non motorized), sport fishing, diving, kayak & jet ski. As well as many one day tours that will take you to the many National parks and hide away beaches in the area surrounding our resort.Our great location makes not only our resort a great destination but also offers a convenient closeness to all major tours and activities taking place in the Guanacaste area and surroundings.Villas Sol Hotel & Beach Resort is a place for all ages and types of vacationer. A great choice for families traveling with children, single travelers, honeymooners, people looking for a relaxing vacation or those looking for fun and excitement.Our friendly, helpful staff welcome all guests with a “PURA VIDA” and a smile.& the best service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Despegar.com, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Low Cost Holidays and Odigeo so you can book your Villas Sol Hotel & Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villas Sol Hotel And Beach Resort
- Villas Sol Hotel & Beach Playa Hermosa
- Hotel Sol Beach
- Sol Hotel Playa Hermosa
- Playa Hermosa Sol Hotel
- Villas Sol Hotel & Beach Resort Costa Rica/Playa Hermosa, Guanacaste