“Prompt and friendly service” 4 of 5 stars

Rock Beach Bar
next to Condovac, Playa Hermosa, Costa Rica
Improve this listing
Dining options: Late Night
Description: This restaurant is definitely closed since end of october 2013.
Elko, Nevada
“Prompt and friendly service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

They had good music for us older somethings; free wi-fi and good service. Great location too, right on the beach with beautiful views.

Visited February 2013

Québec, Canada
“Great meal!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

I had a natchos from this place and eat it on the beach. It was great, good portion for two people. The place is right on the beach and the staff was friendly.

Visited February 2013
New Haven, CT
“Loved it, can I work here please??”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Great view from the terrace, cheap beers, good food, and really nice bartender & waitress. We went a few times during our stay on Playa Hermosa. I was jealous of the bartender's life, can I trade places with you please?? We hope to come back someday!!

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Playa Hermosa, Costa Rica
“I think I was in paradise.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

The beach bar fit my image of the perfect place that I had imagined in my dreams. Cold beers, hot weather, cool tunes, locals and expats hanging out with the sound of the waves breaking on the beach. Paradise.

We needed Wi-fi 'cause the stupid hotel where we were staying didn't have it. So out came my laptop and a waitress gave us the password. As I was booting up, the German owner (Reinhart?) came over to make sure I was able to log in. No problemo. We chatted a bit and he's super friendly.

I wish I was still there....

• Visited February 2013
Rice MN
“A gem in Playa Hermosa!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Who'd think you could get a good bratwurst in Costa Rica! Almost as good as what I've had in Germany. The restaurant was purchased last year by Reinhardt, who is from Germany, by way of Madrid, Spain.
BTW, the other food was good too, as was the food, and the view, etc.
We visited with Reinhardt about our experiences in Costa Rica to date, and he had some great recommendations for us, including a secluded waterfall not far from Liberia. He showed us photos on his laptop, and gave us directions. My only regret is that we didn't get a chance to thank him for this tip later.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
RockBeachBar, Owner at Rock Beach Bar, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Thank you very much for your opinion.
I''m glad to hear that you had a great day at the waterfalls.
Hope to see you back someday here in Costa Rica.
¡Pura Vida!