“Great location” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Vero Beach, Florida
“Great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2012

We had a tasty dinner here. Margaritas were good and dinner was excellent!

Visited February 2012

wisconsin
“Average at best”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2012

Ordered Mahi Mahi....they were out. Ordered Pork...came back and said they were out of pork, but Mahi Mahi magically was available...entire meal for the 4 of us was absolutely not memorable...just average.

Visited March 2012
Quitman, Texas
“Dependable Dining Option in Playa Hermosa”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2012

My husband and I ate at El Velero restaurant 3 times during our recent stay in Playa Hermosa and were pleased with each visit. Twice we were there during lunch, a perfect seaside venue for watching all kinds of beach and water activity. The service was excellent, the beer was icy cold and the sandwiches were delicious, although I preferred my chicken sandwich more than hubby liked his hamburger. On the second visit we shared an order of nachos that were outstanding, piled high with tomatoes, onions, guacamole, black beans, sour cream and fresh cilantro. Our evening visit was on BBQ night. The restaurant was packed and service was still very efficient and brisk-paced. I ordered a whole red snapper (my first experience with a whole grilled fish). The fish was well-cooked, mild in flavor and very tasty. Hubby had a filet that was tasty but a bit tough, which he attributed more to the quality of the meat than the preparation. Sides included steamed veggies, hot rolls and baked potatoes. We also shared a "house salad" consisting of cucumber and tomato chunks in a special dressing, which was more to my liking than my husband's.

• Visited March 2012