“Great location directly on the beach” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Villa Belmar (Sevilla Resort)

You added Hotel Villa Belmar (Sevilla Resort) to your Saves list
Hotel Villa Belmar (Sevilla Resort)
2.5 of 5 Resort   |   2a entrada a la Playa 400 metros, Playa Hermosa 41, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Playa Hermosa
Los Angeles, California
“Great location directly on the beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

What a great location for the price you are getting! Stayed at this hotel in January of this year. The other hotels that are right near the place are charging like two to three times the price as this little hotel. More like a home type setting but directly on the beach. Is a really great value! The owner is really nice and friendly. My friends and I would just walk right out onto the black sand and layout and play in the water. Was a great location for just hanging out and relaxing. The Wifi is only good when in the dining area or sitting on the couches just watching the ocean. Really glad I booked this place. Bring your own beach towels since towels aren't provided except for one bath towel each! ENjoy!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Felix G, Gerente at Hotel Villa Belmar (Sevilla Resort), responded to this review, January 27, 2013
Thank you very much for your review and for your beautiful pictures.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

We spent Christmas at Villa Belmar having booked it from London. We arrived to be greeted by Felix who despite a very bad back was ever present in the communal area of the hotel. He was always available to offer information and assistance.

On Christmas Eve, he organised a meal for all the guests (free), staff and a few other people. It was very informal and friendly. On Christmas day, he organised a snorkelling boat trip; again free. In a country where everyone is chasing the tourist dollar, this made a pleasant change !

The rooms are spacious and clean. You walk through the hotel gardens (swimming pool and loungers and trees for shade) and you are on the beach. Very few of the hotels in Playa Hermosa have such a great location.not to mention a friendly owner. If you come to Hermosa, stay here.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

We had two nights on 24 and 25 December 2012 in this great hotel on the quiet beach of Hermosa. The Spanish owner Felix was really friendly and helpful and could not do enough for us despite him having a really bad back after falling down the stairs. There was a free BBQ and boat trip on Xmas day which he didnt have to do. The hotel itself is not big which again is nice and had big spacious clean rooms. We loved staying here and great to start or end your holiday here especially if you are flying in/out of Liberia. Would definitely recommend it and go back.
Anna

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Felix G, Gerente at Hotel Villa Belmar (Sevilla Resort), responded to this review, January 12, 2013
Hello Anna. It was very nice meeting you and was fun the last dinner with every guest together.
Thank you for your review.
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

We found Villa Belmar by accident and what a happy accident it was! Firstly I must just say how nice and helpful Felix, the owner, is. He really could not have been more helpful we felt extremely welcome and could not have hoped for a better host.

The Hotel itself is an absolute gem, the rooms are comfortable and clean and if you are lucky enough to get a room at the front there is an amazing ocean view but even if you don't, the ocean is so close it doesn't matter and the pool is warm and clean.

In terms of value for money, Felix's hotel cannot be beaten. The rooms are big and have A/C and a delicious breakfast is included with coffee and juice.

We spent several happy evenings hanging out on the terrace couches speaking Spanglish with Felix.

Stay at this hotel, you will not regret it.

Thanks Felix for a great time.

Room Tip: Call to book as early as possible because this hotel is extremely popular. We were lucky to get a ro...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Felix G, Gerente at Hotel Villa Belmar (Sevilla Resort), responded to this review, December 15, 2012
Thank you Ben, believe me, you and Jessica are a good couple and was nice to be with you.
I wish see you soon. Best regards
Savannah, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

Located directly on Playa Hermosa. The only thing between you and the sandy beach is a clean luxurious in ground pool. Felix is special and anyone who travels freely will know this.

Playa Hermosa is an excellent place to begin or end a trip originating from the Liberia airport. It is a quick cab ride and suddenly you are at the beach! Ask around your flight for anyone headed to Hermosa-splitting the cab fare is a good idea...if your suitcases are small enough.

Walk in, drop your bag and take a seat at the cozy bar.

With the ocean in view and the pool steps away, you will wish you booked more nights.

Very small town with a few restaurants.

Please leave your loud children at home.

Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Felix G, Gerente at Hotel Villa Belmar (Sevilla Resort), responded to this review, December 8, 2012
Thank you Caring for your review.
It was nice meet you and I want that you know that you will have a friend here
San Jose, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

After spending a full week in San Jose, Costa Rica, attending to some much needed dental work, I rented a car and traveled the 4 1-2 hours to Playa Hermosa for the weekend. Prior to leaving, I researched Playa Hermosa and decided that the Hotel Villa Belmar would probably meet my needs.

That said, I could not have been more pleased with the outcome. The small B/B is located right on the beach...yes, the photos paint an accurate description. It is totally a relaxed atmosphere..with a couple of comfy couches and rocking chairs that look out on the patio, pool, and beach. Did I mention that the patio is the perfect spot to enjoy a glass of wine when enjoying sunset.

While wonderful music plays during the day, Felix, the proprietor zips about answering questions, offering helpful suggestions, and generally being the perfect host. Along with Felix, the staff is friendly and efficient. The rooms are relatively spartan, but very clean and the breaskast, either tradional or continental, is very good. All in all, a terrific find!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Felix G, Gerente at Hotel Villa Belmar (Sevilla Resort), responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Thank you Stephanie for your reviewed. I am happy if you was OK in my hotel.
You and your daughter are a nice persons and I hope see you soon
San Diego
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

I stumbled upon this hotel January 2012 and tried to stay one night but it was booked. I than asked the owner, Felix to show me the rooms and upon seeing the spacious clean rooms, I booked it for one week for my entire family. Our week stay in November was fantastic. Our family flew from different parts of USA and from Honduras and all of them loved the hotel, the owner Felix and the friendly and accommodating staff. To my surprise when I got there Felix had a partner (Javier) that had opened the restaurant and bar part of the hotel, The restaurant name is "Sabor Mediteraneo" and we were nicely surprised with great lunch and dinners. The "casado" was so reasonably priced and consisted of either fresh fish, steak, chicken or smoked pork chop, salad and either rice or homemade mash potatoes. We celebrated a wedding reception at the hotel and the chef prepared a fantastic paella, Spanish Tortilla and croquetas de atun. He also included Sangria (very delicious) all for $15 per person. Javier, the owner was very accommodating, he let his bartender serve us our own liquor and all we had to do was to pay her for her time. Of course, the view from our room and the sound of the waves added to our experience at Hotel Belmar. We went out to eat to a fantastic restaurant near the hotel the name is "Ginger" and I highly recommend it. There are many other good restaurants in the area that have been recommended to me and I look forward to trying them when I go back with my friends and family again in November 2013. Felix was very generous to us by giving us a free scuba diving and beach tour. I love Playa Hermosa for its calm and quiet beach. There is just enough people to make it interesting. We also enjoyed the most fantastic sunset I have ever seen. Our last night at the hotel we gathered at the beach to enjoy the sunset and to fill our mind, body and spirit with the nature around us to keep us going until we go back again. By the way if you want extra beds in your room Felix will accommodate you.

Room Tip: I recommend the room with the double bed and a view for a couple, room #1 and room #0 if you have a...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Felix G, Gerente at Hotel Villa Belmar (Sevilla Resort), responded to this review, December 1, 2012
Thank you Manuela, I felt with you like the same family. It was a fun week.
You are a nice group and I hope you again

Been to Hotel Villa Belmar (Sevilla Resort)? Share your experiences!