“Ring in the New Year...” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mario's Cuisine

Mario's Cuisine
Playa Hermosa Guanacaste, First Entrance to the Beach | 300 Mts From the Main Road Towards the Beach, Playa Hermosa 1000, Costa Rica
+506 5705 1645
Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Seafood, Costa Rican, Healthy, Fusion
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night, Private Dining
Description: We are a Costarrican family, who love to receive people from around the world for a unique dining experience in Costa Rica. My husband Mario, a Chef for 18 years now, learned his cuisine from Old School International Chef's and from there he created his own Fusion style cuisine, who he really felt identify with. This type of Cuisine its only possible with fresh ingredients of the day, from the salad to the seafood, everything its carefully chosen on a daily basis and from scratch prepare with passion into explosive delicious flavors to the palate. Everyday we create and serve a 4 course dinner in our terrace, where you can also enjoy the breeze, the stars and the beautiful magic of Guanacaste in an intimate ambiance. We required reservations in advance.
Indianapolis
“Ring in the New Year...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

Ericka and Mario welcomed our families into their restaurant New Years Eve. We had a party of ten. You have read the reviews. Food was fresh, fabulous and only out done by the interaction of our hosts. Passion for service shared by both as well as a wonderful family. If visiting the area you owe it to yourself to experience Mario's. It is a must on your itinerary.

Fairfield, California
“Best dining experience we had!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

Myself and my family just loved this place. We were there just before New Year's Eve and then booked again for New Year's Eve dinner. Everything was good on the menu and they made great drinks, even Martini's! Go there, you'll not regret it.

Matthews, NC
“Delightful experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

My sweetheart and I were enjoying a trip to Playa Hermosa, Costa Rica, in November and found this place listed as the top restaurant in the area. We called and made a reservation and were certainly not disappointed. The two of us were the only diners that evening and enjoyed ourselves immensely. The food was delicious and the presentation was wonderful. We even took pictures of each course we were served. Mario, the chef, chatted with us while he prepared the meal and his wife, Ericka, our hostess, was very friendly and talkative as well. The seafood was fresh -- Mario went out in a boat and caught it himself -- spear fishing, I believe -- that day. We were able to chat with the husband and wife team, met their children at the end of the evening, and learned a great deal about how they lived. Would highly recommend!

• Visited November 2012
New Jersey
“Beyond Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

While diving in Guanacaste for the second or third time, one of the people on our boat mentioned Mario's restaurant. Since it was just down the road from our hotel we called and got a reservation for the following night. As it turned out we were the only diners that evening and besides one of the most incredible meals I have ever had, we felt like these two perfect strangers, Erika and Mario, invited us into their home and have become life-long friends. I STRONGLY urge anyone traveling to the northern Guanacaste/Papagallo area to try and stop by and have dinner here at least once.
I very rarely eat fish, and Mario prepared the most incredible main course from fish he caught about 3 hours earlier. His two appetizers and desserts were equally outstanding, and the strawberry based salad dressing was the best I ever had.
Each of the four courses were prepared in a completely natural, healthy manner-a concept that our host and hostess seemed to base there entire lives on.
throughout the meal, Erika kept us entertained with stories about thier life in Playa Hermosa and San Jose before that. She was the perfect Hostess for a warm lovingly prepared Dinner.
I can't wait to return and bring my wife with me to meet my new friends.

Port Orchard, Washington, United States
“Beyond Delightful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

My wife and I have been having an extended vacation in Costa Rica for several months. We have been aware of Mario's for some time . My wife booked us a dinner for my birthday recently , and I was absolutely taken from the moment we arrived ; the setting was quiet and very romantic , Mario and Ericka were so sweet and kind , welcoming us to thier table with an attentiveness seldom experienced in restaurants . I hardly know where to begin with the food , every course was elegantly presented and Chef Mario is , with out doubt , the real deal ! I was absolutely Impressed and beyond delighted with our gourmet meal . I whole heartedly recommend Mario's for anyone who wants a fine dining experience .

• Visited November 2012