“Excellent trip” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Type: Boat Tours, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Papagayo Gulf Sport Fishing - North Pacific Tours is a fully licensed and insured fishing company ready to take you out for a full day or half day of fishing. We offer a wide variety of fishing options in the Papagayo Gulf: inshore, offshore, coastal, bottom, casting, fly and spear fishing. If you are looking to save money or prefer not to fish alone, Lisa can arrange a split-charter with other fisherman/woman looking for the same. Captain Daniel has over 40 years of fishing experience and his mate Mauricio, fluent in English, has over 20 years. These guys love to fish and are fishing professionals. We now have a GoPro camera to film your fishing adventure in which Lisa can cut/edit your video to be posted on Youtube. Snorkeling can be included at the end of your fishing trip at no additional cost. This is a great tour for the entire family to explore the beautiful Pacific Ocean. Costa Rica sport fishing is known worldwide as one of the greatest sport fishing/surfing destination plus the weather is great almost all year round. For the intermediate and experienced surfer, trips to Witches Rock and Ollie's are offered with a guide. We look forward to hearing from you. Pura Vida!
houston
14 attraction reviews
“Excellent trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

I cannot say enough good things about our fishing trip. We had to reschedule once we arrived in country, as my husband got ill on the plane. They were very understanding and we able to move things around, so my husband did not loose out on this opportunity. I went, but did not fish, but my husband caught 4 fish. For me it was a nice and relaxing day on the water. Very professional and personal. Would recommend to anyone!

Visited December 2012
NorthPacificTours, Owner at Papagayo Gulf Sport Fishing - North Pacific Tours, responded to this review, May 5, 2013
I knew prior to your arrival to Costa Rica how excited your husband was to go fishing. I was equally happy that we were able to reschedule his trip without any issues, it worked out perfectly.Sometimes things happen that we have no control of and getting sick is one... the other is the fishing!! We hope you do come back to the area - thank you for your review. Lisa

Bradenton, Florida, United States
“Awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

We had a truly amazing time aboard the Don Manuel. The entire experience was enjoyable. Mauricio and his mate were very accommodating and very knowledgable of their profession. It's obvious they enjoy what they do. Unfortunately the Marlins and Sails were not biting but we had a great time catching Roosters. We enjoyed seeing the marine life as well and learning about Costa Rico from Mauricio. We strongly recommend booking a trip with NPT to anyone and if we ever find ourselves in Guanacaste again we will definitely spend another day aboard the Don Manuel. Thank you to Lisa, and Mauricio. Pura Vidal

Visited April 2013
Thank you Mark for writing us such a great review. It sounds as though it was a memorable day out fishing and that is what the guys work hard to do. A day out on the water is always that much better when all the marine life shows up and does that, puts on a show! We do hope you do come back. Pura Vida! Lisa
Toronto, Canada
3 attraction reviews
“Great Choice!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

Me and my wife choose NPT thx to Trip Advisor!!! They did not disappoint us. Lisa is fantastic to deal with, and our guide Mauricio never stopped working hard to get the fish to bite. Fishing is never guaranteed, so some of the species we were after were not in season, or not interested! We did have great action with Tuna though. Which was fantastic as we kept only 2 (more than enough to eat) and the resort (Hilton Papagayo) prepared our catch as we wanted it! I ate for 2 days!!! lol We did have a huge Marlin show up even though it was unexpected, and as an avid fisherman, I must say, those guys went into a frenzie to change up all the lines, lures, and boat path. We had everything right in front of its mouth within minuets! It just wasn't interested. But seeing Dolphins, Rays, Amber Jacks, and Huge schools of Tuna, would have been worth it even without a bite!!! WE WILL BE BACK!!! AND DEFINATELY WITH NPT!!!!

Pura Vida

Visited March 2013
NorthPacificTours, Owner at Papagayo Gulf Sport Fishing - North Pacific Tours, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Thank you Tony! When I read reviews such as yours, I realize how much our hard work pays off and how I love my job. Working with people such as yourselves, planning a great day out on the water, is what we do and what we enjoy. We look forward to having you both out on the Pacific Ocean again. The best time to fish in this area is End of Apr / May (beginning of rainy season) until end of November (end of rainy). So come on back!
“Best fishing crew in the area!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

We went out on the boat and were so happy with our trip. The boat was well maintained and the crew went above and beyond for us. The whole experience was easy, Lisa organized everything for us. Can't wait to go out again!

Visited February 2013
Thank you Cheryl for your review! It is always an uplifting to read that people enjoyed their time out on the water on our boat. I don't believe Captain Daniel has ever used a computer so I'll be sure to let him know you were happy with your tour. Please be sure to look us up again for your next trip out on the water. Pura Vida!
“One of the absolute highlights of our trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

Our family was looking for an authentic fishing experience in Costa Rica and we were lucky enough to find it with North Pacific Tours. Lisa was unbelievably accommodating, they were all extremely child-friendly, and my son caught 4 fish during our 2-hour adventure. They impressed us with their knowledge, professionalism, authenticity, and genuine love for what they do. I would highly recommend them! Sandra C. + kids

Visited March 2013
NorthPacificTours, Owner at Papagayo Gulf Sport Fishing - North Pacific Tours, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Thank You Sandra for your review. We are so happy you and your family enjoyed your fishing trip with us. I know Mauricio enjoyed fishing with Luke - they both have the fishing fever. If you do decide to come back next year for Spring Break, please be sure to contact us. Enjoy your summer fishing!