“Great New Restaurant” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
New Jersey
“Great New Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

This is a new restaurant since our visit to Costa Rica last year. Close to Playa Flamingo, near the bank, and has off road parking. Nice atmosphere for being in a strip mall. Open air or outside dining available. We split a Seasonal Green Salad which was plenty for two. I had a pizza which was great. My husband had spaghetti and clams, which had more seafood in it than just clams, also very good. Very friendly service by Alexander. Will go again.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

88% Recommend
cleveland
“Very nice family fair”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

A nice place to take the family. Thin crust pizza at a decent price. Their lobster pasta however is $38, not cheap even by Costa Rican standards. This has quick become a favorite of local Ticos.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Kelowna
“We went 3 times in one week!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

I've spent about 9 months in Italy and this is the first time I have found authentic, Italian pizza, the way I remember is in Italy! I knew straight away the owners were Italian just from the amazing taste. Soooooo delicious - one of the best pizzas I've ever had! Not only did we go 3 times the first week we discovered Tubla, but we also ordered extra so we could have it for breakfast or lunch the next day. With a margarita pizza only costing $9, spreading it over 2 meals gave us a cheap and delicious way to save money. You can get a huge garden salad for $6 too that is really great and fresh! Don't miss this gem!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
michigan
“Best meal in Playa Flamingo”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

I was completely blown away by this place. It's located in a strip mall type of facility and might be easily overlooked. It was recommend to me by the Dive shop so we gave it a try. We all got our own flat bread pizzas. Delicious! They do tell you that the pizzas are individual serving sized. None of us finished our "individual" pizzas. You can easily split one and not feel deprived.

Visited December 2012
Tamarindo, Costa Rica
“The Best Restaurant in Costa Rica!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

Tubla is our absolute favorite restaurant to go to. The food is amazing and the service is just as good. We used to love this restaurant when they were running their former restaurant -- Septimo Cielo. When we found out they opened Tubla after leaving Septimo Cielo we couldn't resist coming. We have been so happy with their delicious Italian food every time we go. I personally always love the pasta and pizza. I recently also became a huge fan of a great chicken dish they have. My boyfriend loves their New York steak. You are going to find great food here across the board. I also always love the great salads they make. Sometimes in Costa Rica I find it hard to get a really good salad (and good dressing*). Here you get both -- and a great portion. The staff are extremely friendly and helpful. The atmosphere is great. We like to frequent this restaurant more than any other restaurant in the area. I know if you go you will not be disappointed! Thanks Tubla for always giving us the best dining experience!!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere