“We went 3 times in one week!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Kelowna
“We went 3 times in one week!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

I've spent about 9 months in Italy and this is the first time I have found authentic, Italian pizza, the way I remember is in Italy! I knew straight away the owners were Italian just from the amazing taste. Soooooo delicious - one of the best pizzas I've ever had! Not only did we go 3 times the first week we discovered Tubla, but we also ordered extra so we could have it for breakfast or lunch the next day. With a margarita pizza only costing $9, spreading it over 2 meals gave us a cheap and delicious way to save money. You can get a huge garden salad for $6 too that is really great and fresh! Don't miss this gem!

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

michigan
“Best meal in Playa Flamingo”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

I was completely blown away by this place. It's located in a strip mall type of facility and might be easily overlooked. It was recommend to me by the Dive shop so we gave it a try. We all got our own flat bread pizzas. Delicious! They do tell you that the pizzas are individual serving sized. None of us finished our "individual" pizzas. You can easily split one and not feel deprived.

Visited December 2012
Tamarindo, Costa Rica
“The Best Restaurant in Costa Rica!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

Tubla is our absolute favorite restaurant to go to. The food is amazing and the service is just as good. We used to love this restaurant when they were running their former restaurant -- Septimo Cielo. When we found out they opened Tubla after leaving Septimo Cielo we couldn't resist coming. We have been so happy with their delicious Italian food every time we go. I personally always love the pasta and pizza. I recently also became a huge fan of a great chicken dish they have. My boyfriend loves their New York steak. You are going to find great food here across the board. I also always love the great salads they make. Sometimes in Costa Rica I find it hard to get a really good salad (and good dressing*). Here you get both -- and a great portion. The staff are extremely friendly and helpful. The atmosphere is great. We like to frequent this restaurant more than any other restaurant in the area. I know if you go you will not be disappointed! Thanks Tubla for always giving us the best dining experience!!!

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
London, Canada
“Great Italian Food, Awesome Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

We just returned from Costa Rica staying at the Flamingo Beach Resort. We had a need for pasta and our hotel recommended Tubla. You can make a reservation or just show up but we used the shuttle service the restaurant provides, what a deal, they pick you up and return you to your hotel or condo!

The food? Absolutely perfect! I had a fettuccine dish and my wife had a penne dish. Both came hot, plentiful and ever so tasty. It was so good, we returned for a second time just for the same food. And the prices were excellent. Our meal with 2 (large) glasses of Pinot Grigio was a bargain at $45 including tax and tip.

We were tole the owners are both Italian and the wife does most of the cooking. The atmosphere, while not beach side or having any sort of great view, is very nice. The restaurant is new, well laid out and they even have a wood oven for pizza that a number of people we met raved about.

So there you are, if you are in this area, don't miss this restaurant.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Harleysville, Pennsylvania
“Not just another pizza shop!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

Just returned from Playa Flamingo the week of 10/6. Due to the off season many of the restaurants in walking distance to the Flamingo Beach Resort & Spa were closed. At the time, the rank of Tubla on Trip Advisor was #5. Although I can not compare to those above it, they had the best food by far compared to the other restaurants we ate at in Brasalito. Daniel and Alejandro were super-nice and provided complimentary pick-up at the hotel. It was so good we returned on our last night after trying other options. Gorgonzola gnocchi, filet of beef and the shrimp wrapped in prosciutto- all fantastic! They have a wood fired oven for pizza. Although we did not have any other customers gave it rave reviews.Great food! Great people! Great value! Don't miss it!

• Visited October 2012